Discussion Is this a decent OC for evga 2080 ti ftw3 ultra (using px1)?

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2012
First time OC-er. I messed around with PrecisionX1 on my Evga 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra. I used Heaven Benchmark while I adjusted things and came up with these results.

MEMORY:
-Clock set to 750
GPU:
-Clock set to 130 (any higher and I crash)
-Voltage set to 100
TARGET:
-Power 123 (slider all the way)
-Cpu Temp 88 (slider all the way)
FAN SPEED:
Auto (I don't know what do here yet)

Tempts where 60-70C
Noise was not too bad, but not as great as I hoped for a $1,500 price tag.

Question: Does px1 programm have to be on for OC to stay active?
Can I have px1 and msi afterburner open at the same time? I'm thinking of trying that next.

FluffyFlounder

Reputable
Feb 21, 2019
After some research, I think that if you save the settings as like a preset it should work then you can close it. However, if you restart/shutdown/turn off your computer, then you have to open the px1 thing again, load back the settings, then you can close it again. If the px1 does stuff your GPU, I don't think it would be safe to have MSI afterburner also on. It might screw up the card. Save your setting on px1, then go to afterburner to change GPU settings.

katulen

Reputable
Apr 22, 2019
You can easily use MSI Afterburner to overclock you EVGA GPU. However, I have heard that you need to use Precision X1 to adjust your fan curve.

To make your overclock apply upon startup, make sure to tick "Start with OS" in PX1 settings. I don't know if PX1 needs to be opened for it to apply the OC, but i do know with MSI Afterburner, this isn't the case.
If using MSI Afterburner, there is a "Windows button" with "Startup" texted above - You wanna make sure to hit that, if you want your overclock to being applied upon startup

And don't have both, PX1 & Afterburner opened at the same time, that this can cause conflicts.

First time OC-er. I messed around with PrecisionX1 on my Evga 2080 Ti Ftw3 Ultra. I used Heaven Benchmark while I adjusted things and came up with these results.

MEMORY:
-Clock set to 750
GPU:
-Clock set to 130 (any higher and I crash)
-Voltage set to 100
TARGET:
-Power 123 (slider all the way)
-Cpu Temp 88 (slider all the way)
FAN SPEED:
Auto (I don't know what do here yet)

Tempts where 60-70C
Noise was not too bad, but not as great as I hoped for a $1,500 price tag.

Question: Does px1 programm have to be on for OC to stay active?
Can I have px1 and msi afterburner open at the same time? I'm thinking of trying that next.

That looks about right to me.

+130 on GPU is right on give or take a few MHz/

You can do better than +750 on the Memory though, I can get mine to +1300 on memory.

I don't run mine OCed though, used the clocks in testing only.

I use PX1.

Here is a video on PX1 and how to use it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVn-ZYs4cKY

Last edited: