Is this a good build so far?

Oleonius

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Is there a reason why you want a micro-ATX build ? What is your budget ??

- Check the prices for the 840 EVO. It may be cheaper than your actual SSD and it haves better write/read speeds.

- If you really want a mATX build, no need to have such an expensive motherboard. This one is useful if you plan to have a multi-GPU configuration. Look at the MSI Z87M GAMING or the ASUS Z87 Gryphon.

- For the PSU, I always recommend going with a widely trusted brand in power supplies such as XFX or Seasonic.

- My suggestion for the heatsink would be the Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO. But if you have the money and space, the Phanteks PH-TC14PE is my personnal favorite. It cools better than some AIO coolers like the Corsair H100 and it is far more quieter. Plus, it's cheaper and you don't risk any liquid leaking into your computer.

If you have questions, ask them and it will be a pleasure for me to answer them !

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 \ FX8350 \ 5.1GHZ. \ 1.384 VOLTS

2ut48de.jpg

Phanteks PH-TC14PE with Scythe Slipstream 110 CFM fans attached.

ZeroTNitrous

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014
Not super sure on budget. I wanted this because of the case and I choose mATX over mITX because mATX I heard has something better to do with power. My current build has a Zalman 9500 Blue LED in but I wasn`t sure if it would fit. I will look into the SSD`s and cooling options.. Thanks for your help. What power supply would you reccomend?

ZeroTNitrous

Honorable
Jan 3, 2014

Looks nice. Thanks for the reference