Is this a good gaming PC?

EdsEdMen

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hi, i'm planing on spending around $1000 on a new PC (first time building a PC).

I'll mainly use it to game, but also some streaming and maybe for my computer classes.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9Z8XVn
Cpu: Intel i5 4570k
Cpu cooler: Hyper 212 EVO
MB: ASRock Z87 Extreme3
Memory: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB)
Storage:WD 1TB
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB
Case: Zalman Z3 Plus
PS: Corsair 750W 80+ Gold ATX
OD: any around $20?

Should i get Windows 7 or 8? I'm more familiar with 7, but people say 8 is better. I wanted an SSD but don't have enough for it right now. Should I buy one later? I was planing on getting another GTX 760 also. That's why i had the higher power supply. Is there anything i should replace or change? I don't want to go above $1000 much initially but will upgrade later.

Solution

gtx 760 is better than r9 270x about 10 fps difference r9 280 is similar to gtx 760.....

you have a good build there yes u can buy the ssd later......i dont see anything there to change you have a nice build but if u don't have multi monitor setup or 2k monitor no need for sli buy a single strong card sli should not be the first choice sli have many drawbacks.....

not all game support sli in that case u have to manually adjust the settings....
more power consumption
more heat
more noise
micro shutters

So I noticed some issues. 1: Your RAM is 1300mhz. That is pretty slow and the basic speed should be 1600mhz. 2: Your GPU could be better by adding in an r9 280. 3: You don't need a caviar black. A caviar blue will be fine and it's $30 cheaper. 4: You don't need that big of a PSU. You need around 500w. And using the money left over you can get a corsair h60. Here's the build with the things that I recommend: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/fgbdGX

1333 mhz of ram and 1600 mhz of ram will not show any noticeable difference in fps on games but yes i will also recommend a 1600 mhz of ram........and he is getting the 750 watt for future upgrades he wants to put another card in future....

Ok if he wants to SLI then the 750w will be good. I guess he could also use it when he eventually makes a new build as long as there isn't too much power usage in the future.

EdsEdMen

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Sorry I didn't reply faster (i was at work). So, would you guys recommend getting one Graphics card instead of SLI? And is this a good build if i want to later upgrade? About how long would it be before i would need to upgrade parts again? Thanks every one for your help. Keep in mind this is my first time actually building a computer. ;D

EdsEdMen

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Thanks! I will definitely change to 1600mhz and drop the caviar black for a blue. Since my budge doesn't allow be to get a better GPU then what i had (or what you mentioned) I was planing on SLI later. That was why I had the 750W as opposed to the 500W. What would you recommend?

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum
How soon you'll before you'll want or need to upgrade will depend on you (and what you see others have), as long as you are happy with it then you are fine, many are influenced by what they see in other rigs or may just get 'the need for speed', some will run a rig for 3-4-5 years or more, others are are loking to build anew or upgrade every few months