[SOLVED] Is this a good overclock of my gtx 1070 fe?

Dec 6, 2018
Hello i have a gtx 1070 founders edition overclocked to 220mhz on core clock and 500mhz on memory clock i didn't play with voltage only normal overclock but i don't know of i should max out the power limit or no and what does the power limit slider do and will it behave better if maxed out with an overclock like this?

Solution
Yes, you want to max out the power limit. This will make sure that the cards doesn't throttle as much if it reaches the power limits. This has by the way nothing to do with voltage (don't change voltage because that can actually reduce the lifespan of the card). But maxing out the power limit slider is ok.

+500Mhz on the ram seems good and reasonable. But you are already close to the limit. As long as you don't see any artifacts and crazy colors you should be fine. In regards to the +220Mhz it seems to be on the higher end. It really depends on the card. Important to check.....see how constant the clock rate is during gaming, if it changes too much down and up you might want to set the clock rate overclock a little lower. You might...

mjbn1977

Distinguished
Yes, you want to max out the power limit. This will make sure that the cards doesn't throttle as much if it reaches the power limits. This has by the way nothing to do with voltage (don't change voltage because that can actually reduce the lifespan of the card). But maxing out the power limit slider is ok.

+500Mhz on the ram seems good and reasonable. But you are already close to the limit. As long as you don't see any artifacts and crazy colors you should be fine. In regards to the +220Mhz it seems to be on the higher end. It really depends on the card. Important to check.....see how constant the clock rate is during gaming, if it changes too much down and up you might want to set the clock rate overclock a little lower. You might achieve better and more stable overclock with a lower core overclocks due to how the Nvidia Boost 3.0 works. Try different overclocks and see where the clock rate sits most of the time during gaming.

Solution