[SOLVED] Is this a normal level of IPS GLOW?

Feb 11, 2021
Hi!

I just want to hear some opinions about this level of IPS GLOW, the monitor is ASUS VG249Q and this is the photo of the glow (taken with my S20 - set to 200 ISO)

and this one with 100 ISO (this one is closer to what I can actually see)

Solution
Turn down default brightness to 80% and don't bother. My VG27AQL1A with IPS panel also have little bleeding at edges on 100% brightness. Changed default brightness to 70% and default contrast to 80% and all is fine.
In real life it is not that bad. Especially if screen brightness is turned down slightly lower - like 80-90%. Maybe photographers may say something here, but otherwise you can not worry. Completely not annoying in gaming and video watching. Neither in office or coding tasks.

Feb 11, 2021
This is my fifth monitor that I got this month. All the other ones had dead pixels and/or stuck ones. Also, this is my first IPS panel and I'm pretty happy with it, this is the only thing that kinda bugs me.

Turn down default brightness to 80% and don't bother. My VG27AQL1A with IPS panel also have little bleeding at edges on 100% brightness. Changed default brightness to 70% and default contrast to 80% and all is fine.
Yes you can do this....and if I do something similar with mine I can pretty much get rid of it on a black screen....but my point is.....I don't have to.....because I don't notice it at all while watching TV or gaming.