Is This Amazon's New Kindle Fire HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael908

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
They are really being aggressive with their hardware now. I was looking for nice midsized tablet and they both look really nice if they are competitively priced.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
power button, volume rocker adn speakers on the back... i get the speakers, but power button and volume ... pretty much going to have to buy a case for it then... setting it down might turn it off >_<

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Wow, clicking on the source link for more pics is soooo difficult.

http://bgr.com/gallery/exclusive-next-gen-amazon-kindle-fire-hd-photos/bgr-amazon-kindle-fire-2-1/

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I really like the Kindle fire HD I bought for my dad but I hate how restricted it is.. I guess I could install some modded firmware (or whatever they do) and run a regular android.

Paid too much for it to ruin the warranty though.

I had considered the Kindle Fire when I was looking for a small tablet but for me the lack of a micro-SD slot was a no starter. I ended up getting the Nook+ at Target for $149. Even though it is sold more as a e-reader than a tablet it is very easy to root and can be turned into a full tablet with no problem at all.

For me not having a camera was not a big deal at all as I have a really nice camera in my phone anyway I do not need a 9" camera also. Had the Kindle had a sd slot I would have got one.

joe gamer

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2010
I have the current kindle fire HD 7 inch, there's no way I'll ever buy another Amazon tablet, the interface is fucking terrible. I've rooted it and added the play store but it is still a pain in the ass to use and nothing ever works quite right.

The Good:
Amazon prime videos
Amazon Freetime kids app(videos)

The Bad:
Almost every app requires a kindle specific version
No play store
No customization
Limited storage
No SD card
Terrible interface
Fucking Ads everywhere

Inex-fucking-scusable:
On the kindle freetime app the kids books are locked into a 2 page landscape view with tiny little text. While I can read the text(barely) neither my daughter nor my mother are able to, "this is controlled by the publisher and there is no way to adjust it" great, so if you're young enough to read kids books you can't, and if your're old enough to read them to your grandchildren, well you can't do that either? How about a zoom feature, it's 2013 surely a zoom feature is possible right? "this is controlled by the publisher and there is no way to adjust it"...Fuck you Amazon...

Basically it plays video...Anything else has been neutered so badly that it's useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.