Question Is this amount of thermal paste ok?

Aug 11, 2024
I haven't built a PC in a long time and wanted some opinions on the amount of thermal paste I put on my 7800x3d. Thanks.

nptr4E3.png

T84HvFA.png

JrIEP7O.png

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you. I actually built this a couple weeks ago and should have posted this then. I did this pea method and just installed the air cooler on top of it hoping it would just naturally spread. I hope that's fine. I think temps have been fine so far. Depending on the game, I get between 60-76C with a Phantom Spirit 120 EVO cooler.
Should be fine. There is not a single "right" method.
Aug 11, 2024
Should be okay. I spread it out, very thinly, and then connect the cooler and let it press across the surface more evenly as tightened into place.
Thank you. I actually built this a couple weeks ago and should have posted this then. I did this pea method and just installed the air cooler on top of it hoping it would just naturally spread. I hope that's fine. I think temps have been fine so far. Depending on the game, I get between 60-76C with a Phantom Spirit 120 EVO cooler.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Should be fine. There is not a single "right" method.

Solution