Question Is this considered to be a good system ?

Sep 29, 2024
Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Make and model of the PSU, motherboard, cooler, ram and case are devoid. The case also looks like the front fascia is blocked off with a glass panel and the fans would be choked off of fresh, cooler ambient air.

Most if not all of them are listed generically. I'd be on the boat to build a system by yourself with off the shelf parts and with the recent string of events/issues from Intel's camp, I'd avoid them in favor of AMD.

If you're able to build your own or have a shop near you that can build you a PC, please stylize your followup post on this thread with info asked of in here;

The monitor you've chosen isn't bad but you can do with a 1440p monitor since you're looking at an RTX4070Ti.

Sep 29, 2024
Make and model of the PSU, motherboard, cooler, ram and case are devoid. The case also looks like the front fascia is blocked off with a glass panel and the fans would be choked off of fresh, cooler ambient air.

Most if not all of them are listed generically. I'd be on the boat to build a system by yourself with off the shelf parts and with the recent string of events/issues from Intel's camp, I'd avoid them in favor of AMD.

If you're able to build your own or have a shop near you that can build you a PC, please stylize your followup post on this thread with info asked of in here;

The monitor you've chosen isn't bad but you can do with a 1440p monitor since you're looking at an RTX4070Ti.

I appreciate your feedback about the Amazon system.

As for your suggestion, unfortunately I don't have the $2500 it would take to get a customized system.

I also know NOTHING about AMD so I don't know what I'm looking for.

Sep 29, 2024
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

WHEN I FIND THE BEST VALUE FOR MY MONEY.

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

$1000-1500 for tower. I will be buying other peripherals seperately.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

GAMING (STAR WARS:OUTLAWS IS PROBABLY MY MOST TAXING CURRENT GAME TARGET)

Are you buying a monitor: YES

Overclocking:
MORE THAN LIKELY

SLI or Crossfire: NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS/MEANS! :D

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:
(e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

MY CURRENT PC HAS ZERO GAMING ABILITY (IRIS XE CARD)

Please keep in mind that I am a total computer tech newb so make your answers as transparent as possible.

P.S. "WHY ME TITAN", I am located in the U.S.

Reactions: Why_Me
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

WHEN I FIND THE BEST VALUE FOR MY MONEY.

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

$1000-1500 for tower. I will be buying other peripherals seperately.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

GAMING (STAR WARS:OUTLAWS IS PROBABLY MY MOST TAXING CURRENT GAME TARGET)

Are you buying a monitor: YES

Overclocking:
MORE THAN LIKELY

SLI or Crossfire: NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS/MEANS! :D

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:
(e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

MY CURRENT PC HAS ZERO GAMING ABILITY (IRIS XE CARD)

Please keep in mind that I am a total computer tech newb so make your answers as transparent as possible.

P.S. "WHY ME TITAN", I am located in the U.S.
Between a gazillion how to youtube vids and this forum your build will be a breeze ^^

https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/windows-11-free-or-cheap

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805937115185.html
Ryzen 5 7500F $133.97

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: *ID-COOLING FROZN A620 PRO SE 58 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($125.55 @ Amazon)
Memory: *TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: *MSI SPATIUM M482 Eco-Pack 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ MSI)
Video Card: *Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.00 @ B&H)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.25 @ B&H)
Total: $1087.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-08 23:38 EDT-0400

Total: $1221.73 + Windows 11

Sep 29, 2024
Between a gazillion how to youtube vids and this forum your build will be a breeze ^^

https://www.tomshardware.com/software/windows/windows-11-free-or-cheap

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256805937115185.html
Ryzen 5 7500F $133.97

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU Cooler: *ID-COOLING FROZN A620 PRO SE 58 CFM CPU Cooler ($29.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: *MSI PRO B650-S WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($125.55 @ Amazon)
Memory: *TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($85.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: *MSI SPATIUM M482 Eco-Pack 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($99.99 @ MSI)
Video Card: *Gigabyte WINDFORCE OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($599.99 @ Amazon)
Case: *Montech AIR 903 BASE ATX Mid Tower Case ($65.00 @ B&H)
Power Supply: *MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($81.25 @ B&H)
Total: $1087.76
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-10-08 23:38 EDT-0400

Total: $1221.73 + Windows 11

Thanks alot for the breakdown but I don't trust myself to build/assemble the PC on my own.

Sep 29, 2024
If you're looking to get a prebuilt PC it's usually best to ensure it's a reputable vendor. There are a lot of decent systems available, but it can be somewhat hard since retailer searches are usually junk.

Here's a filtered list from Newegg which hopefully can at least give you some ideas: https://www.newegg.com/p/pl?storeNa...10+50001312+50028071+50012150+5000001+5000002

So you're basically saying that

(1) Don't trust Yeyian (since it was the one brand you didn't include)?
(2) Amazon doesn't sell reputable products?

So you're basically saying that

(1) Don't trust Yeyian (since it was the one brand you didn't include)?
It's a company with no real background that popped up during covid times. This is definitely not the only company of the sort. I wouldn't consider anything from a company like that nor recommend it to someone else.
(2) Amazon doesn't sell reputable products?
Amazon, like Newegg, sells a lot of good and bad stuff. Newegg just has a good search feature which makes it a lot easier to share. I'm sure Amazon probably has most of the same computers available (other than ABS as that's a Newegg brand) their search is just bad. Other retailers will certainly have a lot of similar options available as well.

Sep 29, 2024
It's a company with no real background that popped up during covid times. This is definitely not the only company of the sort. I wouldn't consider anything from a company like that nor recommend it to someone else.

Amazon, like Newegg, sells a lot of good and bad stuff. Newegg just has a good search feature which makes it a lot easier to share. I'm sure Amazon probably has most of the same computers available (other than ABS as that's a Newegg brand) their search is just bad. Other retailers will certainly have a lot of similar options available as well.

I'd PREFER Amazon because it's a national company that I know about their customer service. I know very little about Newegg.

These are the 4 best values I could find on Newegg (the last one on the right is a "site recommendations" that I could get to go away. Which one would you buy/recommend?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...408,9SIA1HJK3B3989,83-360-534&compareall=true

MSI has the better graphics card while iBuyPower has a slightly better processor and liquid cooling system. (I can't tell if MSI is truly a 32GB RAM....it SAYS 32 GB L3 but then says 2x8 chips. Also concerned b/c MSI pricing listed as NEWEGG+

ABS appears to be the best of both worlds but can Newegg's brand be trusted? (And it's ALSO NEWEGG+ priced)

BTW, I really appreciate your patience with me on this. It's all just so damn confusing! :confused_old:

Last edited:

ClapTrapper

Reputable
May 25, 2020
If you are dead set against building your own then don't. But here are some advantages to building your own.
You will probably save a lot of money. And you will know the brand and quality of the individual components in your computer (the system builders do not specify what brand/model video card,motherboard,ram,etc)

Building a system these days is not as hard as you think. A screwdriver is all you may need. This is the best forum for building your own system. You can go advanced as you want (memory timings, heat flow, etc) or be a beginner that just wants to save money on a great value home built system. These good people here will have the answer for you.

If the most taxing game is Star Wars Outlaw, a 4070 will run rings around it. As for Folding@Home-I believe that is a background process like the defunct SETI@Home and should not really factor into your buying decision (since it runs in the background and you can temporarily disable it when you need the computing power).

I think a better starting point would be to tell us what you are CURRENTLY running. Don't worry about telling us the specs like CPU/video card,etc. More than likely you are using a prebuilt now. But we need the model number-like " I am using a Dell OptiPlex 7010 or whatever-we will look up the specs.

I'd PREFER Amazon because it's a national company that I know about their customer service. I know very little about Newegg.
Yeah I understand that periodically I use Amazon simply because of easier returns than many other retailers.
These are the 3 best values I could find on Newegg (the two on the right are "site recommendations" that I could get to go away. Which one would you buy/recommend?

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare?CompareItemList=3D5-0007-00HP2,83-151-408,9SIA1HJK3B3989&compareall=true

MSI has the better graphics card while iBuyPower has a slightly better processor and liquid cooling system. (I can't tell if MSI is truly a 32GB RAM....it SAYS 32 GB L3 but then says 2x8 chips. Also concerned b/c MSI pricing listed as NEWEGG+

(BTW, I really appreciate your patience with me on this. It's all just so damn confusing!) :confused_old:
MSI comes with 16GB DRAM, the 32MB L3 cache is just standard on AMD CPUs. Personally I'd rather it had 32GB DRAM, but that's not necessarily a dealbreaker.

If you're willing to go with Newegg's in house which as I recall doesn't have great troubleshooting type support, but should have decent return/replacement policies the ABS is the best deal of those.