Question RTC/UDP Shenanigans- DESPERATELY looking for a genius; WiFi hates voice calls ?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ralston18

Titan
Not sure that I have correctly anf fully followed all of the above - still no harm in asking...

Does the Access Point have a static IP address reserved for the Access Point via the router?

Specifically a Static IP address that is reserved by the router using the Access Point's MAC and using an assigned Static IP address that is outside of the DHCP IP Range allowed to the router?

And how is the Access Point connected to the router? What ports if wired?

Oct 9, 2024
Not sure that I have correctly anf fully followed all of the above - still no harm in asking...

Does the Access Point have a static IP address reserved for the Access Point via the router?

Specifically a Static IP address that is reserved by the router using the Access Point's MAC and using an assigned Static IP address that is outside of the DHCP IP Range allowed to the router?

And how is the Access Point connected to the router? What ports if wired?
Basically the technician said the old router isn't compatible hosting this new wifi by itself u_u

I'm not sure... where would I check in settings?

I do know we have a dynamic IP, like for example if our power goes out, when the router restarts when power is restored, our new IP is slightly different than the previous one