Question Screen goes blank after Boot logo

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
I am trying to boot my PC. Everything works well until the Boot Logo. After the boot logo, when windows is about to load, the screen goes blank. After a while, the yellow light on the motherboard starts to blink slowly(stays stable for a second then blink).
If I do a restart, it boots but with very low resolution. Device manager says graphics was stopped with code 43.

Specs
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F Gaming
Graphics Card: MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio
RAM: GSkill Trident Z 8GB x2
PSU: Seasonic 850W platinum

Last edited:

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Thank you very much. I have submitted the GPU at the Collection Center yesterday, they said it will take about a week to get an update on the issue of GPU. I will keep you posted. I am hoping they are able to repair it(fingers crossed). Given how old the card is, I am concerned if they have the necessary parts to service it.

aqibkurawle

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2016
Sorry for the long wait. MSI Support responded a few minutes ago.
They say that the BGA Chip is fault and it won't be possible for them to repair.

Do you think I should try with a third party repair service or leave hopes of reviving it.

Imperat0r

Upstanding
Apr 19, 2024
Well, since you have an answer from MSI and we presume you don't have anymore warranty, then yes.
You should try to change the defective RAM chip.
At least ask them what will be the price for this operation.
If they ask a decent price and you decide it is worth repairing it, then go for it.
On the other hand if the price is too high and you get close to a price of a new product, then leave it and buy a new card.