[SOLVED] Is this cpu compatuble with this motherboard?

Thanks bro.You save me , i was almost buying that cpu ,but could you tell me why? . Both have the same sockets (AM4). Maybe is a Chipset thing? Pls tell me.
Most first generation B350 motherboards (ASRock AB350M-HDV, GIGABYTE AB350M-DS3H, etc), support that CPU.
The 2nd generation B450 doesn't, so it could be a chipset thing.
If you already got the motherboard, then you might need to consider a Ryzen CPU like the Ryzen 3 1200 or Ryzen 5 1600.

Reactions: Intel JustinK
You probably wouldn't want that CPU anyway. It's based on AMD's older-generation architecture, which performs far behind their current Ryzen offerings in terms of per-core performance. Something like their 4-core, 4-thread Ryzen 2200G would offer substantially more performance, while only costing a little more.

Or, even if you were putting together a build on an extreme budget, even their 2-core, 4-thread 200GE would offer a bit more performance than an X4 950.

What are the specs of the system you were thinking of putting together, and what were you planning to do with it?

You probably wouldn't want that CPU anyway. It's based on AMD's older-generation architecture, which performs far behind their current Ryzen offerings...
Far behind? Really!
The Ryzen 5 2600 is just a refresh of the Ryzen 5 1600 with a speed bump, change on the manufacturing process (14nm to 12nm) and there is native support for DDR4 2933.

I have built several system, with both, 1st and 2nd generations Ryzen and there isn't that much difference between the two and most users don't even see a difference in performance.
If you take the Ryzen 1600 for example, it can be found for $80 (Microcenter), less than half the price of the Ryzen 5 2600.
Also the Ryzen 5 2600 cooler is a downgrade from the 1600.

You will get 3-12% improvement..but that improvement might require a hiher priced motherboard, 3000MHz -3200MHz RAM, a aftermarket cooler and higher power consumption, which could be a deal braker for many users...users that don't need the extra performance.