[SOLVED] Is this IPS glow or backlight bleed?

Solution
Kind of the other way around, but I agree. If it doesn't look too bad when in use, just go with it.

My old PG279Q has a pretty massive bleed in the lower right, not a lot goes on in the far corners of screens when gaming so it hardly comes up. Mostly displays and maps and things. Long as you don't watch a lot of scenes with all dark content and keep your room lights off, I almost never even think of mine (thanks by the way)

Sagittariusss

Reputable
Feb 7, 2017
This is actually a combination of both, IPS glow on the bottom and backlight bleed at the top. If it bothers you or if it's too apparent you can try to return it, but be aware that most TV/Monitors have some backlight bleed or ips glow.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Kind of the other way around, but I agree. If it doesn't look too bad when in use, just go with it.

My old PG279Q has a pretty massive bleed in the lower right, not a lot goes on in the far corners of screens when gaming so it hardly comes up. Mostly displays and maps and things. Long as you don't watch a lot of scenes with all dark content and keep your room lights off, I almost never even think of mine (thanks by the way)

Solution