[SOLVED] Is this PSU transformer ok?

pao3007

Prominent
Sep 1, 2019
I bought second hand PC with i5-3570K and GTX 960, it has FSP Aurum Pro Series 850W 80+ Gold.
As I was cleaning it I noticed something on second transformer, here is picture . PSU works fine but hasn't been stress tested hard.

Solution
Well judging on the hardware you shouldn't run into problems with the psu for now but the transformer surely looks somewhat damaged and may start to cause under or over voltages overtime either killing the psu or damaging your hardware so if i was you i would try to have an expert check it. Just your average electronics repair shop should be enough theoretically speaking. (btw if you were the replace the transformer it shouldn't cost more then like 10$)
Nov 10, 2020
Well judging on the hardware you shouldn't run into problems with the psu for now but the transformer surely looks somewhat damaged and may start to cause under or over voltages overtime either killing the psu or damaging your hardware so if i was you i would try to have an expert check it. Just your average electronics repair shop should be enough theoretically speaking. (btw if you were the replace the transformer it shouldn't cost more then like 10$)

Solution