Is this RAM compatible with AMD Phenom II x4 965

Klajdi369

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I'm going for a new ram, as the current one is pretty unstable and I believe it has been giving me errors since forever.
My current motherboard is: M4A89GTD PRO
and I was planning to buy this RAM: 4 GB 1333 For AMD
In the product description it says that for Intel it means its compatible both Intel and AMD, and for AMD is compatible only for AMD. AMD is cheaper than Intel, so I was going for the AMD, should I go for intel? Is this ram compatible with my current cpu and is it worth it?

Solution
Memory listed as AMD only compatible, are High-density usually and are less compatible or no compatibility with Intel processors.

M4A89GTD PRO supports the AMD Processors only. So it should be compatible.

AMD Phenom II x4 965 should support the DDR3 1333MHz speed.
Check the memory QVL here...

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M4A89GTD_PRO/HelpDesk_QVL/

Although you don't have to pick from the QVL, you stand a better chance of compatability.

Keep in mind that if you are only buying 1 DIMM, you must install it in memory slot A1 as per the Manual.

Otherwise generally speaking it is compatible.

Klajdi369

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

Well, yes I did check the QVL a while ago and the ram I was planning to buy wasnt listed there, hence this thread. I thought that the ram I listed above might not be supported.

Klajdi369

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I asked the seller and he told me it should work, and about return, not a very good option :( , but i either have to choose between a used brandless ram and buy it locally, or a new one with the risk of no return and bad product. Will update the thread once I get it (which should be in 1-2 months)

Memory listed as AMD only compatible, are High-density usually and are less compatible or no compatibility with Intel processors.

M4A89GTD PRO supports the AMD Processors only. So it should be compatible.

AMD Phenom II x4 965 should support the DDR3 1333MHz speed.

Solution