[SOLVED] Is this RAM compatible with my Motherboard?

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
My build is :
  • CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 2600
  • Motherboard : Asrock B450M-HDV
  • PSU : Infinity Striker Power 500W 80+ Bronze
  • GPU : ZOTAC GTX 1650 Super 4 GB GDDR6
  • RAM : 2x4 GB EVO Potenza DDR4 AMD Edition 2666 Mhz
Planning to buy
  • 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 Mhz Cl 16
Can my motherboard handle it? Because it suppose to be able to handle it. But, it doesn't written in the Memory QLV at Asrock's official website.
And, how to go to the XMP settings on this motherboard?

Solution
it doesn't written in the Memory QLV at Asrock's official website.
TL:DR - You'll be fine.

They quite often won't be. Motherboard manufacturers simply can't get and test every module that is released because it would just be unmanageable with the amount of memory released. The best place to often check is the RAM manufacturers compatibility lists.

Having said that, RAM is RAM really, as long as it's the correct type of RAM for your platform, and a speed that your Motherboard / CPU supports, then you'll be fine generally.

That and Corsair Vengeance is unlikely to be a problem on almost any consumer boards being as they are one of the biggest suppliers of memory.

Also I've never heard of that PSU unless it's the Enlight...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
it doesn't written in the Memory QLV at Asrock's official website.
TL:DR - You'll be fine.

They quite often won't be. Motherboard manufacturers simply can't get and test every module that is released because it would just be unmanageable with the amount of memory released. The best place to often check is the RAM manufacturers compatibility lists.

Having said that, RAM is RAM really, as long as it's the correct type of RAM for your platform, and a speed that your Motherboard / CPU supports, then you'll be fine generally.

That and Corsair Vengeance is unlikely to be a problem on almost any consumer boards being as they are one of the biggest suppliers of memory.

Also I've never heard of that PSU unless it's the Enlight type. shudder

Solution

Rae Nelvin

Great
Aug 25, 2020
Also I've never heard of that PSU unless it's the Enlight type. shudder
It's not a big brand I guess. But it's been sold wildly in the market. I'm thinking to save up some money to buy branded PSU after I bought this RAM. But, thanks for the answer! But, can you find ways to use the XMP profiles in my motherboard?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's not a big brand I guess. But it's been sold wildly in the market. I'm thinking to save up some money to buy branded PSU after I bought this RAM. But, thanks for the answer! But, can you find ways to use the XMP profiles in my motherboard?
These instructions will always be in your motherboard manual, and it will always be similar to, BIOS > OC > DRAM Frequency.

For your MB manual - Page 47 and 48 (section 4.3) here:
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M-HDV.pdf