Nayanmanna

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
I have an Asus Prime H610M-E mobo & I want to add a Seagate Barracuda Q5 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen3 ×4, 3D QLC SSD. Will it work on my mobo?

Also I have a HDD, which I want to use as a secondary drive & want to install Windows on the new SSD Could you guys guide me or give any proper link for installing Windows in proper way on to the new SSD, and configure the HDD.

I know how to install the SSD & Windows but need a proper guidance step by step.

Reactions: hdz
Solution
Looks like the board will support the drive.

Win 10 install: there is a tutorial on this site somewhere.

It's pretty easy....you go to Microsoft and find their Media Creation Tool. Download it onto a USB flash drive of I think at least 8 gb in size.

Boot from that USB flash drive and follow the prompts. PC will reboot a few times during the process.

If your SSD already has partitions, delete them ALL during the installation process. If it is new, it won't have partitions.

Important: make sure your SSD is the ONLY drive connected during the install process. Connect your HDD after Windows is installed.
Looks like the board will support the drive.

Win 10 install: there is a tutorial on this site somewhere.

It's pretty easy....you go to Microsoft and find their Media Creation Tool. Download it onto a USB flash drive of I think at least 8 gb in size.

Boot from that USB flash drive and follow the prompts. PC will reboot a few times during the process.

If your SSD already has partitions, delete them ALL during the installation process. If it is new, it won't have partitions.

Important: make sure your SSD is the ONLY drive connected during the install process. Connect your HDD after Windows is installed.

Reactions: hdz
Solution
I have an Asus Prime H610M-E mobo & I want to add a Seagate Barracuda Q5 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen3 ×4, 3D QLC SSD. Will it work on my mobo?
TLDR
Will work, but I wouldn't choose it.

That is QLC M.2 drive. It has significantly reduced write endurance compared to MLC and TLC drives.
Only 119 TBW on 500GB model. Depending on usage will probably wear out in 5-10 years.

For example Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500GB has 300TBW (2.5x higher write endurance on same capacity model).

Reactions: Nayanmanna