Is Tommy Boy Bi...

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Im curious if anyone other than me notices the Tommy seem to be a tad hard on Intel of late now its true im a true blue boy but i know things arent going well with them but some on its not the end of the world you find it so easy to find fault in intel but no one seems to remeber amd k6 days or there current heat probs or the current fragile cores come on people intels not the biggest and badest to come out with the p4 if there wasnt somereal power behind the p4 . not saying the athlon is bad but neither is the p4 they have their pros adn their cons no one wants to see both side of each chip its only the good. But the big point is i really do think tommy bias and he finally got something for his attitude rumor has it hes out of the developer loop with intel and a number of other companies (dont quote me on it ) and if thats true he has no objectivity anymore. just some food for thought folks.

Have a good one

SPUD

I saw the future it gave me a big intel hug:)

G

I think that maybe he has been telling intel about the problems for so long and getting no where that maybe he has ceased to worry about them anymore, you can only bash your head against a brick wall for so long before you realise that all you are getting is a sore head

Everybodys entitled to my opinion

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by garf on 03/10/01 04:08 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

AmdMELTDOWN

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hey, it wouldn't suprise me one bit, look at their article on the IDF tell me if you think they were present or not.

also, I think THG is the last on Intel's shipping list.

hey don't quote me on this either!

"Amd cpu...Gone in 2 secs flat, it truly is a fast chip!"

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
All im saying is i think hes really hard on intel justf or example the p4 recount it was last year for bloody sake its old news i think that anyone that cared a rats butt would have known about it within two weeks after the post after that its old news it like all the magazines still sellin princess Di's picture these people dont care as long as they are hurting images.

SPUD

I saw the future it gave me a big intel hug :)

dhlucke

Polypheme
whoa.....punctuation...please.

I haven't seen that many posts from that guy...

<font color=red>This is a forum, not a chat room. You aren't going to find a date here.</font color=red>

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
Sorry yer highness ill try harder on my punctuation:)

Hey heres a thought what if tommy was bi what would you do ....

SPUD

gong75

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2001
Is Tom biased? I don't think so. In terms of attitude, THG's articles have in deed been hard on Intel lately, but all those hard comments were not nonsense and were based on benchmarks and testing. Let's be easy on him. Tom is a person like you and me, he's not god. When he found out a company which used to be respected and a leader in industry is now doing something indecent, it is very understandable that his articles have some emotions. In my opinion, it is Intel's own series of actions that eroded their respect from others. First is the deal with Rambus and the unsuccessful actions trying to force their overpriced memory down customer's throat. Then it's the wellknown 1.13GHz P3 issue. Intel has been nothing but ridiculous in trying so hard to reclaim the giga Hz crown. Now the P4 is again the 'fastest' chip in terms of clock speed. But so what? It's an unfinished product, and a 300MHz 'slower' Athlon is comparable with it(if not better) and way cheaper. I don't know if Intel is excluding THG. I hope they don't. If so, I would feel sorry for Intel having to do this to maintain its 'good reputation'.

(Not native language so sorry for the writing)

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
i think we are reading too much into what both companies are doing their business practises and such and some of you folks out there have had a little nudge from tommy boy to change your opinion or make them more propaganda than fact dont get me wrong im f*cking confused with what intels doin but when you screw up are you judged so hashly?

SPUD

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it boils down to this.
look at the big picture, Intel used to have outstanding products across the board. Now, they are running (not financially or in sales, in quality) where AMD and the K6's were. They're pushing the limits of an old technology. The P4, as worded by another member, is a beta processor, and its being marketed as the "fastest" available. Ok, lets take my Ford 302 that will only turn around 6000 rpms and race it against a honda civic that will spin 8000rpms. wonder who's gonna win?
that's whats going on now.
Intel was run by the development of the processors and the designer's word was fact. Now, it seems the big heads in management are managing the release of hardware that they know NOTHING about, otherwise quite a few of their failures never would have happened.
its just like having someone ask you to build them a fast computer, but they choose $h!tty components.
Management is bad. Most management personel know nothing of the product or service the actual workers provide, thus is Intel's problem of late.

Grizely1

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Just because you don't like what you're hearing (the truth), you don't have to get all offensive and starting name calling. :tongue:

When Tom used to be Pro-Intel you never heard us whining like this.

-----------------
"648kb is all the space anyone will ever need!"

Bill Gates, 1980s

spud

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001
im not whining all im saying is thats the wa way it looks to me. We cant say management is bad for either side and we we cant say what product better because either chip isnt at it fullest potential give me a break people wait till the playin feild is even.

SPUD

Just some advice from your friendly neighborhood blue man:)

74merc

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
"wait till the playin feild is even."
there is no such thing as an even playing field in such situations.
ever drag race? most important thing is to "run what ya brung"
there are no excuses, AMD isn't reaching its max due to crappy chipsets, Intel isn't because they neutered the P4 to beta status.

----------------------
why, oh WHY, is the world run by morons?