mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
I have a gf2mx400, I was going to give to my bro, who has a p2. I noticed he did not have a agpslot but Isa. His motherboard mauel talked about agp2x, and the slot for isa looked just like a agp, Are they the same thing? Will my card work on his board?

upec

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
ISA slot looks a lot different from AGP slot. AGP slot is a lot shorter than an ISA slot.
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by upec on 05/12/02 06:57 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

LED

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2002
ISA slots are typicaly Black, and located beneath the white PCI slots, on the bottom of the Mobo. A P2 system? That board may not have an AGP slot at all. I highly doubt it does. If it does, it will be the brown colored slot near the processor. But I dont think it exists on a P2 system.

I sold my sig for $50.

mattburklund

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2002
Ok, I thought they were about the same. One of the reasons I said they looked alike is the color. The isa slot is brown on his MU440 board and my agp is brown on my culs2, but they are in differet locations as slot mentioned.
Thanks

bront

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2001
P2 was where AGP was introduced, however, they will support AGP 1x, and maybe 2x if you're luckey.

I don't need an anti-virus program, I just boil my computer once a week.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Is this the board? <A HREF="http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/mu440ex/mu_con.htm" target="_new">http://support.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/mu440ex/mu_con.htm</A>
This board was Intel's cheapest solution for the PII, with integrated graphics, and was often used in such glorious makes as Packard Bell and those generic systems you see on the TV infomertials. It's main claim to quality was that it was better than similar offerings with SiS and VIA chipsets, but still was near the bottom. There is no AGP slot. I suggest you find a reasonably cheap alternative board, the best PII/PIII boards used the old BX chipset and are available for around $40. For around $80 he could have a Duron system based on the ECS K7S5A motherboard. But in all likelyhood he may have a Micro ATX case, which wouldn't even hold that board. I say sell the system.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?