Question Isolate Personal Files from Work Files (Security)

Aypifox

Prominent
Aug 28, 2019
Hello!

So I've recently got a new job and they gave me a laptop to work on. Although very kind of them, I was wondering if there was a way for me to use my two screen setup for work.

I want it to be isolated though as if I get a virus on my personal account, that it doesnt transfer to the work account.

Of course, I believe that having a second user on my windows would not prevent that, so I was wondering how I could have two isolated workspaces to make sure I never be the cause of problems in my new job. Thank you!

Colif

Win 10 Master
One way to do it and make sure that neither can see the others work/files or be infected is 2 different drives and only ever have one in at the same time. a lot of messing around but it is safest.

I don't know if a virtual machine would be enough.

I would keep the laptop and do work related stuff on the laptop and plug a monitor or two on that laptop. They gave you a laptop to work on you should use it.

You already have your 2 setup independent from each other.

Wolfshadw

Titan
You already have a PC and 2 monitors, right?

Just use whatever output the laptop has to one of your monitors.
Switch the input on the monitor when you're working.
Laptop screen + monitor = 2.
This is exactly what I was going to suggest, assuming that at least one of your displays has two or more inputs. If not, then I would recommend purchasing a new one just for this purpose. You NEVER really want to do work on a personal machine nor personal things on a work computer. Always keep the two separate.

-Wolf sends

ASK THE COMMUNITY