ISP Sends Customer a Spare Router for His Cat to Nap On

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
[citation][nom]abc123321[/nom]Why didn't he/she place the router sideways or something? Even better, why does the ISP even bothered to aswer to this, let alone spend resources?[/citation]

Because for the cost of a cheap-o router, they've attracted a lot of goodwill and advertising towards their business. Other places spend millions of dollars in the hope that it will generate the same thing.

Enjoy your future as someone's flunky.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]TA152H[/nom]The next craze is going to be fabric covered routers, with a nice soft spot for the cat to sit on, and a small plate for food. I can imagine all the girls would go for this "cat friendly" router. And they could advertise their router accepts Cat 5, Cat 6, and Cat Maine wise scholar. It would be a big seller in retail.[/citation]

Always wondered what a CAT 5 cable was. Thanks for clearing that up for me :D

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]dribblesbarbax[/nom]I tried this when my cat wouldn't stop sleeping on the bonnet of my car. Volkswagen were having none of it though.[/citation]

Well, we had a stray that liked to sleep UNDER the hood of cars.
As you can imagine, it did not end well :-(

G

My original catwarmer was a Telebit modem. One of those big flat ones. Made a great cat perch. Cat did live on it during the cooler months of the year, except to eat and pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.