[SOLVED] Issue during shutdown

Feb 27, 2020
Started noticing some weird behavior now when I go to shutdown my PC. Basically it goes like:

1. Gets past logging out of Windows, etc.
  2. Screen goes black
  3. Audible click is made by some component in the PC and at this point the PC would just go off, but
  4. PC powers back on, I see the GPU fans spool up like what it would do during POST - briefly for 2-3 seconds
  5. Audible click again, then completely off

PC boots up normally, but just the extra things (3 and 4) happening during shutdown has me a bit concerned.

Any clues or ideas why this might be happening?

Solution
It sounds a PSU problem. Could you install a fresh w10 copy in the hdd and try to boot from there and check if still happens? I guess you already have the lastest mobo update. If not update it.
Feb 26, 2020
That clicking sound usually comes from a PSU but an old hard drive could do it aswell. Can you write down your specs? And on what drive is the OS installed.

Feb 27, 2020
Specs
Proc: i7 8700k
Board: Asus Z370-A Prime
GPU: Gigabyte 2070 Super Gaming OC 3x 8G
RAM: 2x Corsair Dominator RGB 3466mhz 16GB
PSU: Corsair RM850
SSD1: SanDisk Plus 240GB
SSD2: Samsung 860 Evo 250GB
HDD: Western Digital Black 1TB

SSD1 and SSD2 are set in a Raid0 configuration, this is where the OS is installed.

Feb 26, 2020
It sounds a PSU problem. Could you install a fresh w10 copy in the hdd and try to boot from there and check if still happens? I guess you already have the lastest mobo update. If not update it.

Solution
Feb 27, 2020
Tried removing the raid setup and just reinstalling w10 back onto one of the drives, same behavior happens even after the fresh install. Going to swap PSU's with my other PC, will report back here in a day or two when I get some time to take both apart.