Issue in setting up static IP under WAN section

admirefriends

Honorable
Jan 14, 2013
Dear Team,

I am trying to configure my D-Link DIR-600M router but I am facing an issue while configuring it, I have an Exetel broadband connection and they require that IP address to be configured under WAN section should be “Static WAN Mode” starting from this range ‘10.30.x.x’ but while trying to configure it, I get pop up that wan ip address should start from different range i.e. Public IP addresses range not from this which I am trying to assign and gives me list of ip address range as suggestions. Due to which I am unable to configure broadband on my router.
Is there any way that I can bypass this suggestion and can assign the ip that vendor is asking for?

Thanks in advance!
Gaurav Chauhan

Solution
You must have misunderstood the instructions. 10.30.x.x is part of a non-routeable private range of addresses and cannot possibly be used for a WAN interface. This is what the router is telling you. I think you need to contact your broadband supplier and clarify their instructions.

McHenryB

Admirable
You must have misunderstood the instructions. 10.30.x.x is part of a non-routeable private range of addresses and cannot possibly be used for a WAN interface. This is what the router is telling you. I think you need to contact your broadband supplier and clarify their instructions.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS