[SOLVED] issue in Throotle Stop RDP OTHERS and PL 1 are changing in yellow to red

Dec 19, 2022
here are some screen shot's pls check them then I will discuss
https://postimg.cc/Z0PWm5x1
so when I open my PC the throttle stop works fine while playing games and no color change it stays at yellow also my temps go too high like 90 to 100 c but some time later than in throttle stop EDP OTHERS and PL 1 change to red
pc specs are :
i7-10510U CPU 10th gen
ram 8 GB
GPU MX350
I have mi notebook laptop
also, I can't access FIVR Idk why I can't access it.

if u need any more info then pls reply to me I need some guides pls brother

Solution
disable the VBS
Leaving VBS enabled can reduce performance. It is not necessary to have VBS enabled. If you do not feel comfortable disabling VBS then do not disable it.

Just checking the MMIO Lock box will make the biggest difference to performance. Do that first and clear the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen.
@OPP GUYS

If you have Windows 11 Virtualization Based Security enabled, nothing in the ThrottleStop FIVR window is going to work properly. If you do not need this improved security, here is how you can disable VBS.

https://beebom.com/how-disable-virtualization-based-security-vbs-windows-11/

After you do this, reboot and delete the ThrottleStop.INI configuration file before running ThrottleStop. Post an updated screenshot of the FIVR window. That might unlock some settings. It is usually the BIOS that locks out CPU voltage control so this feature might still be locked out.

Your other screenshot shows power limit throttling at 11W. In the TPL window you have the MMIO PL1 power limit set to 11W. That is probably why your CPU is power limit throttling. Check the MMIO Lock box to try and fix this throttling problem.

qrr1TmT.png

If you need better performance, disassemble your laptop and clean it out. Blow any dust out of the heatsinks. Some laptops have a back panel that is fairly easy to remove. Watch some YouTube videos to see how hard your laptop is to service it.

Try clearing the BD PROCHOT box on the main screen to fix your BD PROCHOT throttling problem.

Turn on the Log File option and go play a game for 15 minutes. Copy and paste the log file data to,

www.pastebin.com

and then post a link here so I can see how your laptop is running.

Edit - Some people do not realize how powerful the 10510U is with unlocked power limits and proper cooling. By using ThrottleStop you can run this 15W low power CPU at over 50W. You need to really improve the cooling to make this happen.

NQHgK5G.png

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2022
thanks dude ur a legend bro it is working fine finally thank u so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh😊😊😊😊😊😊 😁😁😁😁😁brooooooooo
but my temps are high like 70 to 80 some time 80 to 90
so if I disable VBS then fivr should be open?

my temps are high like 70 to 80 some time 80 to 90
Those are normal operating temperatures for any Intel CPU. Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C because they know their CPUs can run reliably at any core temperature under 100°C. If there were any reliability issues, Intel would have lowered the throttling temperature many years ago. Your laptop is set to start thermal throttling at 97°C so it is extra safe. No need for you to worry about your CPU temperature. Intel CPUs are well engineered to look after themselves.

if I disable VBS then FIVR should be open?
I do not know the answer to that question. If you want to find out what is possible, disable VBS and core isolation memory integrity, reboot, and see what the FIVR window reports. It is easy to disable VBS and just as easy to enable VBS again if you do not see any improvements. Some users get better gaming performance when VBS is disabled.

If disabling VBS also unlocks voltage control, you can reduce the CPU voltage to reduce heat. This should allow you to increase your CPU speed without overheating. Setting Speed Shift Max to 32 is slowing your CPU down significantly.

Check out the picture I posted to see what is possible. All cores fully loaded running at almost 4300 MHz. That is incredible performance for a supposed 15W CPU. The 10510U is capable of so much more.

literally not possible
I recently saw a video of a guy adding an extra heat pipe to his laptop cooler.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNI6QA0TIxI

That is definitely a Frankenstein mod but still, I am very impressed by what he was able to accomplish.

There are simpler mods you can do like bending the heatsink if necessary and checking to make sure it sits flat to the CPU. For some laptops you can use washers as shims to increase the contact pressure between the heatsink and the CPU for better heat transfer. Some laptops block the airflow to the CPU fan. When combined, some slight insignificant mods can help decrease temperatures. Blowing the dust out of the heatsink and fan and replacing the thermal paste is always a good place to start.

Laptops are unique. What's possible can only be determined by opening up a laptop and having a look.

I agree. There ARE things you can do. But they are neither easy, nor recommended for most people, nor for the faint of heart. But certainly if somebody is comfortable with disassembly and is competent enough to do modifications, then more power to them. I just don't think that is going to be more than maybe 2-3% of the people who post here or anywhere other than strictly modding sites for that matter. I'm also not sure that there is ACTUALLY much to be gained with any mods on laptops. If there was a better way to do things, the engineers that design those units likely would have already found them, but I guess if you're willing to try that's always your own choice so no harm no foul.

Dec 19, 2022
Those are normal operating temperatures for any Intel CPU. Intel sets the thermal throttling temperature to 100°C because they know their CPUs can run reliably at any core temperature under 100°C. If there were any reliability issues, Intel would have lowered the throttling temperature many years ago. Your laptop is set to start thermal throttling at 97°C so it is extra safe. No need for you to worry about your CPU temperature. Intel CPUs are well engineered to look after themselves.

I do not know the answer to that question. If you want to find out what is possible, disable VBS and core isolation memory integrity, reboot, and see what the FIVR window reports. It is easy to disable VBS and just as easy to enable VBS again if you do not see any improvements. Some users get better gaming performance when VBS is disabled.

If disabling VBS also unlocks voltage control, you can reduce the CPU voltage to reduce heat. This should allow you to increase your CPU speed without overheating. Setting Speed Shift Max to 32 is slowing your CPU down significantly.

Check out the picture I posted to see what is possible. All cores fully loaded running at almost 4300 MHz. That is incredible performance for a supposed 15W CPU. The 10510U is capable of so much more.

I recently saw a video of a guy adding an extra heat pipe to his laptop cooler.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNI6QA0TIxI

That is definitely a Frankenstein mod but still, I am very impressed by what he was able to accomplish.

There are simpler mods you can do like bending the heatsink if necessary and checking to make sure it sits flat to the CPU. For some laptops you can use washers as shims to increase the contact pressure between the heatsink and the CPU for better heat transfer. Some laptops block the airflow to the CPU fan. When combined, some slight insignificant mods can help decrease temperatures. Blowing the dust out of the heatsink and fan and replacing the thermal paste is always a good place to start.

Laptops are unique. What's possible can only be determined by opening up a laptop and having a look.
ok, thanks, bro I will disable VBS, and can u tell me the settings then?