Question Issue with artic liquid freezer II 240

Mar 16, 2023
Hi all, I usually do not write because I always find a solution here except this time. 2 days ago must desktop suddenly started to overheat jumping from 40 C to shut off instantly. I first thought the thermal paste was dried, it was not. Then the pump was gone but the tiny fan is spinning so I I thought is a bubble, so I gently tipped the PC around and for almost 30sec was gurgling and as miracle temp dropped and kept to 35 C in idle, this happened after 9.30pm and kept working til 4.00am when I went to sleep..today I boot the PC and temp over 80 C so I disassembled 4 times til I thought I removed the bubble from it coz I heard it moving from pump (was at the bottom) to the radiator. Nothing changed til now. Originally the radiator was on top of the PC with hoses down. It worked 12 months. Then when I I thought I fixed that in the evening the radiator was on front case with hoses always faced down. Both were with the radiator always higher the pump. My last guess is a clod or so but I have no chance to verify it until I get the kit with new gasket and.liquid from Artic.
Any other suggestion would be appreciated!!
I ordered from artic the kit with new gasket hoping to fix it once I'll empty out the circuit and refill it

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
My last guess is a clod or so but I have no chance to verify it until I get the kit with new gasket and.liquid from Artic.
Until you get the kit and do the swap, we're all just going to have to wait for the results.
AIOs are pretty simple - except for Corsair and NZXT's. Those things are bloody headaches.

Those clogs on specific batches of LF IIs have been the only major issue with them as of late, so it's most likely that.

Mar 16, 2023
Until you get the kit and do the swap, we're all just going to have to wait for the results.
AIOs are pretty simple - except for Corsair and NZXT's. Those things are bloody headaches.

Those clogs on specific batches of LF IIs have been the only major issue with them as of late, so it's most likely that.

Question, what if is really clogged? Means.I need to.flush and.change liquid. What's the best brand with less impurities?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Question, what if is really clogged? Means.I need to.flush and.change liquid.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/arctic-service-kit-freezer-2-aio
I guess Arctic isn't too worried about it. If the cooler fails within the 6 year warranty, you can use that.
You COULD flush it with a few cycles of distilled water, but you're not provided enough premixed coolant from the kit to refill the whole thing - it's just to replace what fluid might've been lost from opening the unit or the chemical reaction from the defective part.

What's the best brand with less impurities?
None exist. AIO/CLCs have 3 kinds of failures commonly associated with them.
If the pump doesn't die(mechanical) on you first, then either biological or chemical(galvanic corrosion) failures will follow, because the inhibitors in the fluid have an expiration date.
Then there's the mess that was Msi's MAG and MPG Coreliquids, where the company(Apaltek) that actually made those used the wrong solder flux(or so I've read) which makes me wonder if that company knows what they're doing, since a much earlier cooler of theirs, NZXT's Kraken M22, had the same issues.

Mar 16, 2023
So to make it simple, I can try to fix whether is the issue is some obstruction or their failed gasket, but the best option would be to replace the whole cooling system. I start to think like that also coz does not exists any video of anyone tear it down except one at the pump. So even If I can unmount the pipes to flush the whole system, not sure if I can put back the whole thing together without any leakage. Still I wanna try to fix it an see what's the results and update it here but I guess Friday I will order the new Arctic 240 to run again my pc

Btw can I ask you what's exactly mag and mpg means? I am quite ignorant on that. I read Arctic use some liquid mixed with glucose (if i read correctly) and demineralized water. So i am trying to understand what would be a good coolant to use in case i need to replace on my Arctic

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Btw can I ask you what's exactly mag and mpg means?
Now, this is silly on Msi's end, but they're the ones who came up with 'em:
MAG: Msi Arsenal Gaming, so literally, Micro Star International Arsenal Gaming... geezus...
MPG: Msi Performance Gaming
MEG: Msi Enthusiast Gaming. There are MEG Coreliquids, but they made by Asetek instead of Apaltek, and are the most expensive product stack.