[SOLVED] Issue with case fans

Feb 1, 2022
Hello all. I recently put together a build for my son. Everything seems to be working, with the exception of the case fans. The Lights are turning on, but the actual case fans are not spinning. On the back of the case there is what I think is a switch/control board(?). The instructions on the case simply say to connect this to the motherboard which I have done. I’m not sure if I’m missing something obvious, the last time I built a computer was about 10 years ago so sorry if it is. I’m just confused because the fans are getting power, and even after messing around in BIOS I can’t get them to spin. My specs are
Level 20 MT ARGB Thermaltake case
MSI MPG Z490 gaming plus

Solution
GENERALLY RGB fans have 2 wires coming off them. 1 for RGB control, and 1 to spin the fan. Sounds like you connected the RGB cable to the case controller (which would have a single RGB cable to the mobo), but didn't connect the fan power cables to the mobo.
GENERALLY RGB fans have 2 wires coming off them. 1 for RGB control, and 1 to spin the fan. Sounds like you connected the RGB cable to the case controller (which would have a single RGB cable to the mobo), but didn't connect the fan power cables to the mobo.

Solution