issues after factory reset

shiftyape

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013
after i factory reset my windows vista (it was done on a different computer because the old one was shot and i wanted to renew the system for the new computer) after i reset it, it said the usual stuff, like, configuring windows, you know. but then right before it is about to load the desktop, it says there was an error, and i couldnt boot up vista.

Solution
When you move a hard drive over to a different computer, you have to reformat it and re-install Windows on it from scratch using a Microsoft Windows installation CD/DVD.

The existing Windows that's on it will never boot properly on different motherboard hardware.
Very confusing. Are you saying that you're trying to run Vista that was supplied with one computer on a different computer?

In other words, you've moved the hard drive over to a different computer?

I'm just trying to make sense of what you've posted, some clarification would be appreciated.

shiftyape

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

Yes, same hard drive, new computer. Sorry bout that.

When you move a hard drive over to a different computer, you have to reformat it and re-install Windows on it from scratch using a Microsoft Windows installation CD/DVD.

The existing Windows that's on it will never boot properly on different motherboard hardware.

Solution

shiftyape

Honorable
Feb 23, 2013

oh thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!! i still have the disk if i remember correctly. cant tell you how helpful that was!!!