[SOLVED] Issues with artifacts with 2070 Super ?

Jun 13, 2021
Hello!

I was curious, would anyone have any insight on issues with artifacts in games over a cap of 30 FPS? While capped at or under 30 FPS, games will run without artifacts. However, going over, especially near the monitor's supported 144hz, I see artifacts in various games, most notably, Snowrunner ?

This is the stats for the PC.

Case: iBUYPOWER Slate 4 MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-10700KF Processor (8X 3.80 GHz /16MB L3 Cache)
Motherboard: MSI Z490-A PRO
Memory: 16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
Video Card: GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 (VR Ready)
Power Supply: 650 Watt - 80 PLUS Gold Certified
Processor Cooling: iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Operating System: Windows 10 Home
Storage: 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
Internal Wireless Network: PCIe or On-Board Wireless Network

Thank you so much for reading!

Solution
Was able to lower the Core Clock & Mem by -150 and -50 with afterburner, and this seems to have removed the artifacts, and was able to run 3DMark without it crashing midway. Would this still be a card issue, or, could we be leaning towards a PSU issue?
Probably overheating or factory overclocked graphics card with unstable overclock.
Jun 13, 2021
brand and model of this 650 watt? probably they use a generic low end psu

When examining the internals of the PC there was no branding visible on the PSU. And, they've advised us to not take apart the machine, and to possibly RMA it. However, its been reported that some people are waiting 2-3 months so far for a replacement PC, or part.

Jun 13, 2021
When examining the internals of the PC there was no branding visible on the PSU. And, they've advised us to not take apart the machine, and to possibly RMA it. However, its been reported that some people are waiting 2-3 months so far for a replacement PC, or part.

Also wanna make a quick note here,

Was able to lower the Core Clock & Mem by -150 and -50 with afterburner, and this seems to have removed the artifacts, and was able to run 3DMark without it crashing midway. Would this still be a card issue, or, could we be leaning towards a PSU issue?

TRENDING THREADS