Issues with my mouse (Logitech G402)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutvik_2

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
Hello!
I have a Logitech G402 gaming mouse.
A few days ago, while I was playing a game, it suddenly stopped working out of no where.
I did not drop it, I did not smash it against the table, I did not open it up.
I unplugged and replugged it again. It said," USB device not recognized".
I have had hundreds of hundreds of cheap mice over the years. All of them showed some bad symptoms, weeks prior to their death. At first, you have to unplug and plug it in again, then it becomes more and more difficult and then finally it stops working overall.
However, its different with this one. Its just 3 months old and isn't really cheap.
And also, the LED at the bottom still lights up! The G logo on the mouse doesn't though and of course, the mouse doesn't work.
I was going to replace it. But then a couple of days ago, I just changed the power plan of my laptop to Power Saver as I wanted more battery life. Later, when I plugged in the charger and then changed the power plan back to High Performance, I noticed that the G logo on the mouse lit up.
And the mouse started working fine. And by fine, I mean, it started working like a new one. No matter how many times I unplug it, no matter how I move the wire, no matter what I do, it was working pretty good!
For two days, I carried the same process. I selected the Power Saver mode and then High Performance again and then plugged the mouse. I did it over and over again, changed the ports and then finally at the billionth attempt, it started to work again.
Alas, that method isn't working anymore.

I really, really want to fix this one.
Thank you very much!

P.S - Please don't tell me to replace it right away. I want to try all my options before I decide to replace it.

Solution

I also just had to return a defective G402 and got lost in the...

CaraDLVN

Prominent
Mar 11, 2017
I agree with parker_307, but I would also go on Logitech's website for the newest drivers/software updates. This is the exact page you're looking for: http://support.logitech.com/en_hk/product/g402-hyperion-fury-fps-gaming-mouse
If that doesn't work for you, you are still in your warranty, and you clearly have not damaged it yourself, so you could return it and get a replacement or if you're feeling special, maybe even trade up to the G403.

Rutvik_2

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

Hello!
Thank you for the help.
Could you please tell me how I should approach Logitech?
I couldn't find an email address to contact them.
Their customer care seems to be community based.
How should I contact Logitech?

Rutvik_2

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016

The issue isn't really fixed yet.
I need more information. I am not good at this stuff.

Thanks but I'm kinda sick and tired of the admins coming in and saying the same thing someone else said and since they are admin they get the best awnser. But whatever thx man :)

salawow

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2014

I also just had to return a defective G402 and got lost in the process at first. I don't know where you are from, but assuming you are in the US, that would be the link: https://support.logitech.com/en_us/contact-warranty . (If it doesnt automatically detect your country, in the link, change en_us to something else such as en_ca if you are from canada for exemple). Then you have to select the product. After that, there is a blank space where it's written "tell us about your problem". Write your problem with the product there, and click "i still need help" in the bottom. That should send them the e-mail. (you will have to create an account at some point, possibly before being able to send the message). After that, you will recieve a confirmation e-mail, then you wait.

For me, it took 7 days for them to answer the first time, then about 4 days of replying to copy-pasted troubleshooting steps and further informations they wanted. Finally i ended up having my RMA accepted, they asked me to choose between a G302 and a G403 as replacement, since the G402 was discontinued. 3 days later i recieved a printable prepaid UPS label to send them my defective mouse. They said it should take between 7-10 days for them to recieve it, then another 7-10 days after that for me to recieve the replacement.

I read that it's alot easier and quicker to do it by phone than by e-mail, but i haven't tried. The phone number should be easy to find on the "contact us" section.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.