Question Issues with newest series graphics cards - Motherboard issue?

vipe155

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2014
Hi everyone,

• Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
  • DDR4 Video Card: MSI VENTUS 2X 4070
  • PS: Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS Gold
  • Operating System & Version**:** WINDOWS 10 PRO 19045.4651
  • BIOS Version: 3.20
  • GPU Drivers: 560.94

I recently had a thread where I bought a 7700 XT that would not boot/no display. After trying two cards, I gave up on that:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...rcolor-7700-xt-2nd-one.3851607/#post-23317246

So, I just bought a 4070 instead, deciding to go back to NVIDIA (and figured this would actually work)...and with this new card my system does boot, but does not work correctly. Boot is slow, and my monitor loses signal in-between POST and the Windows 10 sign-in screen. In Windows, the system runs sluggish overall, with some stuttering at times. I've had a couple of random restarts.

I tried running 3DMark to compare what was going on with the new card and my old 6650 XT and got a horrible score with seemingly some kind of CPU frequency problems.

Screenshot-2024-09-08-165502.jpg

Screenshot-2024-09-08-184132.jpg

I've tried rolling back my BIOS version (to see if the newest one has some weird issues with new cards), pulled a RAM stick, etc. but nothing changes. What could be going on here? I'm back on my old 6650 XT, and everything is working fine again.

Lutfij

Titan
Motherboard: ASRock B550M Pro4
+
BIOS Version: 3.20
The latest BIOS update was also a vulnerability patch. If I were you, I'd flash to the latest version, then clear the CMOS after verifying that the BIOS was successfully flashed. In order to clear the CMOS, disconnect from the wall and display, then remove the CMOS battery, press and hold down the power button for 30secs, then replace the CMOS battery after 30mins.

So, I just bought a 4070 instead, deciding to go back to NVIDIA (and figured this would actually work)...and with this new card my system does boot, but does not work correctly. Boot is slow, and my monitor loses signal in-between POST and the Windows 10 sign-in screen. In Windows, the system runs sluggish overall, with some stuttering at times. I've had a couple of random restarts.
Did you run DDU to remove all GPU drivers(Intel, AMD and Nvidia) in Safe Mode, to later install the latest GPU driver sourced from Nvidia's support site in an elevated command?

PS: Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS Gold
How old is the PSU in your build and what did it power throughout it's tenure?

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
Got a link to this ram kit?