Question It is okay to leave the motherboard inside the CPU case without yet the other parts?

crossgozon

Prominent
Jun 9, 2022
Hello,

I am currently building a computer but due to tight budget i dont have yet my PSU, RAM, and CPU. But i have already bought my motherboard, AIO and CPU case. I am excited to build my pc. It is okay to leave my Motheboard board out of the box and installed it inside the cpu case without the other parts.

It will took 3 weeks to 1 month for me to buy the other parts.

Motherboard: Asrock B450M Steel Legend

Will i encouter some problems later on when i connect my ram, psu and cpu? On a stock out of the box motherboard?

Hello,

I am currently building a computer but due to tight budget i dont have yet my PSU, RAM, and CPU. But i have already bought my motherboard, AIO and CPU case. I am excited to build my pc. It is okay to leave my Motheboard board out of the box and installed it inside the cpu case without the other parts.

It will took 3 weeks to 1 month for me to buy the other parts.

Motherboard: Asrock B450M Steel Legend

Will i encouter some problems later on when i connect my ram, psu and cpu? On a stock out of the box motherboard?
It might be troublesome...but it depends on what your other parts are like. For instance, it can often be easier to fit a CPU cooler on with the motherboard outside the case. You're going with an AIO with a radiator that has to be installed and you already have it so you can sequence that process already.

Another issue is initial routing of wiring from the PSU that can be made much easier should the motherboard happen to obscure access holes in the case's motherboard tray when it's installed, not to mention fumbling around with an extremely heavy and bulky object while maneuvering it into position if it's tight inside the case with motherboard installed. That's more of a personal choice, I suppose.

But the most important thing is you loose the opportunity to bench test the system to make sure all parts are functional before assembly. GPU, memory even CPU won't be a big issue but if you find the motherboard or PSU is faulty now you'll have to completely disassemble it to box the bad part up and return it for exchange.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic 40