Question "It looks like Windows didn't load correctly" Error Message

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2019
Upon setting up my computer at my new apartment, I continually get this error message when booting up Windows: RECOVERY: It looks like Windows didn't load correctly. My only two options are to "Restart PC", which is just an infinite loop of restarting and coming back to this screen, and "advanced repair options". I tooled around these "advanced repair options", all of them fruitless. So, I took the PC up to Best Buy's Geek Squad and they gave my computer back claiming to have uninstalled and reinstalled the OS, reset the BIOS, optimized drivers, downloaded an antivirus, and optimized a few other settings. When I took the PC home, however, first thing is the same error message. Most of the so called "solutions" I've found online thus far would imply I have access to Windows 10 settings menu. All I can do is enter my BIOS or simply load into this message. Really don't know what to do here.

Mar 16, 2019
Little background for my question: I built my PC in early April of this year, all new parts and everything. Worked great while I was at school, brought it home and used it there for a while. Then, when I came back to school and setup the PC at my new place I continuosly got the error message: RECOVERY: It looks like Windows didn't load correctly. Which I guess is a pretty common blue screen error.

So I tried every advanced option that was listed, reseated my RAM, checked all my connections, reset my drive, and tried reinstalling Windows. Anyways, all those options failed. One interesting things is that if I have my Windows installation tool plugged in I can go through the process of configuring Windows (i.e selecting language and general setup) and I can use Windows for like 10 minutes.

Last time I got in I reinstalled Firefox and messed around in settings a little before screen went black and I had to restart. Upon restarting I'm back to square one.

I took it to Geek Squad, they reinstalled Windows, reset the BIOS, updated drivers, optimized some settings, etc. got it back home and nothing had changed. Next day I'm back at Geek Squad and they undid any overclockings and reseated my cooler on the CPU. Again once I got back home same problem. Now I'm thinking some hardware has to be compromised, does anyone have any ideas as to what components may need replacing based on all this?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS