Question It's been 10 years since I built my own PC with the help of this awesome community. My first question... Is there a proper order to start a new build?

Sneaky Wizard

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
This could be a long journey, so I'm looking for community members that are in this for the long haul with me too please

I already bought my case, a Meshify 2 because I love the design and from what I read it should fit pretty much anything I would like to put in it... (Or at least anything I can afford...)

I was thinking of buying my motherboard next, a GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Master X (LGA 1700)

I'm pretty sure it fits, but I'd love to know thoughts/experiences please

Thanks in advance

USAFRet

Titan
1. Start here:

2. Generally, you want to buy ALL the parts within a 30 day window. (assuming you are buying from typical US places). This means you're still within the easy return window.

Sneaky Wizard

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2014
1. Start here:

2. Generally, you want o buy ALL the parts within a 30 day window. (assuming you are buying from typical US places). This means you're still within the easy return window.

Huh, I never thought of that... My first build was way out of my price range but I built it over about 6 months, buying parts when I could. I suppose I was lucky nothing turned out to be faulty