[SOLVED] It's the RGB again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobacha

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
Hi I am back. I posted a while ago on this forum about my RGB fans not working. I go them to work thanks to knowledgeable members who helped me out. Now I have one last problem. I have a MPG X570 Gaming Plus Mobo and I have three RF120 RGB fans installed into the front to my case. These fans are connected into a fan hub while the RGB lighting is daisy chained and attached to a JRGB 12V header on the Mobo. My CPU cooler is also an RGB cooler and is connected to the JRGB header splitter as well.

Well I just bought one more fan. The same type of fan as the three installed in the front. I attached it to the back of the case and had to buy a separate JRGB header connector for it to attach to the JRGB splitter (it comes with 4 splitters). I hooked the fan up to a fan header on the mobo. Same though with the CPU cooler its fan is running off the pump fan on the mobo. SO this one fan I just bought syncs up with the "breathing effect" of the Mystic light I have going on but not the color scheme I have with all the other fans. I tried hooking it up to JRGB1 (the current header is connected to JRGB2) but realized my mistake. otherwise I am at a loss besides maybe the bios settings. I can't find anything in the mystic lighting Dragon Center to make a difference. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Solution
If i get this right, you now have RGB-lit fans connected to two different mobo JRGB headers, and they all are powered and controlled by the MSI Mystic Light tool. They all work, BUT their displays are not identical, and you want them that way. Two possibilities, each with a question to sort out.

1. Look closely in MSI Mystic Light for an option to SYNC the two JRGB headers together so they they both do exactly the same thing. That would do it if that option exists.

2. You are already using RGB Splitters, you say. But I'll ask for clarification. Those fans come with an unusual RGB connector system: it has BOTH male and female RGB (4-pin) connectors on its wires so that you can connect one to another in a "Daisy Chain" that connects...

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
If i get this right, you now have RGB-lit fans connected to two different mobo JRGB headers, and they all are powered and controlled by the MSI Mystic Light tool. They all work, BUT their displays are not identical, and you want them that way. Two possibilities, each with a question to sort out.

1. Look closely in MSI Mystic Light for an option to SYNC the two JRGB headers together so they they both do exactly the same thing. That would do it if that option exists.

2. You are already using RGB Splitters, you say. But I'll ask for clarification. Those fans come with an unusual RGB connector system: it has BOTH male and female RGB (4-pin) connectors on its wires so that you can connect one to another in a "Daisy Chain" that connects three fans' lights to a single mobo JRGB header. You already have done that with the three front fans, I believe. This arrangement is exactly the same electrically as using an RGB Splitter - it just eliminates the need to buy the Splitter. Now, when you do that, you need to bear in mind that the mobo JRGB header has a limit on how much load you can connect to it - usually, max 3.0 A. Further, common RGB lights in a fan frame use much less than that per fan. In fact, the web page for those fans says in its specs that you can connect up to SIX of these fans in a single daisy chain. So, your simplest choice would be to plug the female input RGB connector on the new REAR fan to the last one in the front-fan daisy chain, and away you go! That would put ALL of the fans on ONE JRGB header and getting identical signals.

There MIGHT be a problem for this latter solution: the cable on the new fan may not reach to the front. Two possible ways to deal with that and still get ALL fans' lights onto the one JRGB header.
(a) IF the male and female connectors for RGB on the fans are the same kind as the mobo header (so the first one in the front daisy chain DOES just plug into the JRGB2 header directly), then you can get a simple 4-pin RGB Extension Cord to run from the last output of the front chain back to the input of your rear fan.
(b) IF the connectors are different so that the fan comes with an adapter cable that allows you to plug that into the mobo "standard" 4-pin JRGB header, then you need to be using that adapter. So, where to plug that in? Now you will need a "standard" 4-pin RGB SPLITTER. Use that at the JRGB2 header, then plug into one of its outputs the cable feeding the front fans' lights. Then plug into the OTHER output of that Splitter the cable feeding to the REAR fan's lights. That will get you the connections you need for ALL fans' lights off ONE JRGB2 header.

Solution

Tobacha

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
Hi Okay. Thanks fo replying to my post! I have now all the fans connected to the splitter coming off the JRGB header 1. I took the single fan I just bought and disconnected it from JRGB2 header and connected it to a third connector off the splitter. I made the mistake of not saying I reconnected the fan to the third splitter and the same thing happens. That was my original problem to begin with. To try and solve it I tried connecting the new fan to the JRGB2 header on its own but realized that that was a whole different set up than the JRGB1 header so it didn't work at all color wise and that's when I disconnected it and reconnected it to the splitter as you suggested it above if I am correct. I don't see anything in the Dragon Center under Mystic lighting or anywhere where I can config the fan lighting. The only thing I can think of is maybe going into bios settings and configuring fans there? Also when I switch it to game sync mode on the motherboard in Mystic Light the fans do come up with a more color matching configuration. The RGB effects on the RAM light up and match the new fan colors and then the CPU RGB and the three fans RGB match...with no effects though. Oooooh....Okay I see what you were saying in solution two. Sorry I am a bit tired...I thought you meant to plug it into the header splitter. Okay plug it into the daisy chain and get an extension for it! Okay ... I'm going to check on that real quickly see if i can do that brb. Great idea!

Tobacha

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2015
Thank you Solved! I just connected the other fan to the other three fans and walla! It worked...Now if only I can get my Razer Keyboard to sync! But another day...Thanks again!

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You're welcome, and thanks for Best Solution.

The Razer keyboard may be tougher. I don't have one, nor know how they are done. But I assume the keyboard lighting effects are governed by some software tool that comes with it. Unless that tool has a particvular setting to sync with what your MSI mobo header's RGB controller is doing with its mobo headers, I doubt you can make them sync.

Status
Not open for further replies.