Question I've got some problems with my first gaming PC

Hpst

Prominent
Aug 10, 2023
I've built my first gaming PC a few days ago and I've already encountered some problems with it.

When I play Cyberpunk I sometimes see graphical glitches. The glasses of the guy who gave me a mission to steal a car appeared all grainy, I've also seen some filckering lights. When I first started the game all of the edges appeared too sharp and were shimmering, I turned on the anti-aliasing option and it fixed the issue to some extent but some edges are still shimmering and the glitch with glasses still appeared.

When I tried to play League of Legends my ping was sometimes hitting 4000 and once after the game lagged I got 800FPS and my screen went black but came back after a second.

It also seems that sometimes my screen goes black without any reason but it could be because of my monitor entering sleep mode, but I think it happened once a moment after moving my mouse, idk.

I also can't set my ram to full speed, it appears 4800MHz in BIOS. I tried setting it to EXPO-6000 but the PC was working really slow. Then I tried setting it to 5600 and it seems to work fine, but my task manager shows its speed at 5600MT/s.

My CPU scores 821 at multicore and 112 at single core in Cinebench R24. The CPU temperature peaked at 78 celsius.

I've also encountered a problem when I couldn't close file explorer and opera browser when clicking on X, both once.

The PC was plugged in to an ungrounded outlet for a day, right now its plugged to a grounded one.

Is my hardware defective? How to fix these issues? Am I just overreacting?

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600
Cooler: Endorfy Fera 5 ARGB
RAM: Patriot Viper Venom 32GB 6000MHz CL36
PSU: bequiet Pure Power 11 700W (new)
SSD: Lexar NM790 1TB
GPU: RX 7700 XT Sapphire Pulse
MOBO: Asrock B650M PRO RS (BIOS 2.10)
Case: Genesis Irid 503 ARGB v2
Monitor: AOC 24G2SPAE/BK

Last edited:
I've built my first gaming PC a few days ago and I've already encountered some problems with it.

When I play Cyberpunk I sometimes see graphical glitches. The glasses of the guy who gave me a mission to steal a car appeared all grainy, I've also seen some filckering lights. When I first started the game all of the edges appeared too sharp and were shimmering, I turned on the anti-aliasing option and it fixed the issue to some extent but some edges are still shimmering and the glitch with glasses still appeared.

When I tried to play League of Legends my ping was sometimes hitting 4000 and once after the game lagged I got 800FPS and my screen went black but came back after a second.

It also seems that sometimes my screen goes black without any reason but it could be because of my monitor entering sleep mode, but I think it happened once a moment after moving my mouse, idk.

I also can't set my ram to full speed, it appears 4800MHz in BIOS. I tried setting it to EXPO-6000 but the PC was working really slow. Then I tried setting it to 5600 and it seems to work fine, but my task manager shows its speed at 5600MT/s.

My CPU scores 821 at multicore and 112 at single core in Cinebench R24. The CPU temperature peaked at 78 celsius.

I've also encountered a problem when I couldn't close file explorer and opera browser when clicking on X, both once.

The PC was plugged in to an ungrounded outlet for a day, right now its plugged to a grounded one.

Is my hardware defective? How to fix these issues? Am I just overreacting?

My build:
CPU: Ryzen 5 7600
Cooler: Endorfy Fera 5 ARGB
RAM: Patriot Viper Venom 32GB 6000MHz CL36
PSU: bequiet Pure Power 11 700W (new)
SSD: Lexar NM790 1TB
GPU: RX 7700 XT Sapphire Pulse
MOBO: Asrock B650M PRO RS (BIOS 2.10)
Case: Genesis Irid 503 ARGB v2
Monitor: AOC 24G2SPAE/BK
Are you using FSR with your games? I noticed in Red Dead Redemption 2 that certain things don't look right using FSR2 rendering on my 6700XT.

For the RAM you aren't guaranteed to hit 6000MHz. The 7000 series only guarantees 5200MHz so anything above that is technically a RAM overclock and you are at the mercy of the silicon lottery. Since this is a 7600, odds are you didn't get the best RAM controller silicon. Remember that the 7600/X are binned from 7800X dies. Those that have a defective core or two are turned into 7600X and if it doesn't hit thermal or clockspeed requirements those are then sold as 7600s.

What version of Windows are you using. When you did the build, did you do a fresh install or was it a previous install?