IYO - Best Dell Laptop for a developer..

Tman

Just curious, any web developers have a preference for best bang/buck on a
dell laptop.

I tinker with Dreamweaver , Visual Studio .NET (for C#), Light DB
developement.

This sounds funny, but I am considering either a Dell or a Toshiba (from
Best Buy).\

For Dell, I was looking at the Dell D600.....

Thoughts/Experiences ?

TIA.

Tman

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:47:47 +0000, Tman wrote:

> Just curious, any web developers have a preference for best bang/buck on a
> dell laptop.
>
> I tinker with Dreamweaver , Visual Studio .NET (for C#), Light DB
> developement.
>
> This sounds funny, but I am considering either a Dell or a Toshiba (from
> Best Buy).\
>
> For Dell, I was looking at the Dell D600.....
>
> Thoughts/Experiences ?

I run a small I.T. company and write code in more than 12 languages, I
bought a Toshiba P4 3.2Ghz system that has Hyper Threading and 512MB of
ram. It also has a 17" wide screen. I consider this a luggable
workstation. I've owned others, but for sheer power I would not select a
mobile CPU, I wanted the HT capable CPU and wide screen.

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Tman

Is heat an issue with the 3.2 in a laptop ?

Tman

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 01:56:19 +0000, Tman wrote:

> Is heat an issue with the 3.2 in a laptop ?

Since it's a Full P4/HT, yes, it gets warm, but there are two fans to keep
it cool. If you want performance you have to accept that you're going to
have heat. If you want long battery life and somewhat acceptable
performance get a mobile/centrino.

I wanted the P4/HT because I run SQL Server and Visual Studio 2005 and
many other apps on it - speed is money in this business.

> Tman
> "Leythos" <void@nowhere.lan> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 20:47:47 +0000, Tman wrote:
>>>
>>> Just curious, any web developers have a preference for best bang/buck on
>>> dell laptop.
>>>
>>> I tinker with Dreamweaver , Visual Studio .NET (for C#), Light DB
>>> developement.
>>>
>>> This sounds funny, but I am considering either a Dell or a Toshiba (from
>>> Best Buy).\
>>>
>>> For Dell, I was looking at the Dell D600.....
>>>
>>> Thoughts/Experiences ?
>>
>> I run a small I.T. company and write code in more than 12 languages, I
>> bought a Toshiba P4 3.2Ghz system that has Hyper Threading and 512MB of
>> ram. It also has a 17" wide screen. I consider this a luggable
>> workstation. I've owned others, but for sheer power I would not select a
>> mobile CPU, I wanted the HT capable CPU and wide screen.
>>
>> --
>> spam999free@rrohio.com
>> remove 999 in order to email me

--
spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

I bought an Inspiron 8600 with a 7200 rpm hard drive. It's the fastest
laptop I've seen; almost as fast as my 8400 desktop.

Brian