Japan Isn't Getting the Xbox One Until 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxrme

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2009
whenever Japan releases something we have to wait for US release and now when We release something they need to wait. good! I'm still waiting on PSO2! fookers!

tabrion

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
Well let's see. Total Xbox 360 sales in Japan 1.64 million. PS3 sales are at 9.35 million. Seems that Microsoft are just digging themselves a deeper and deeper hole.

StrelokS

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Xbox can't sell well in Japan because of Sony and Nintendo.

And honestly MS has already lost its reputation of being good developers and so on...

This will highly boost the Sony and Nintendo console sales.

So yea ... MS is dead.

Cataclysm_ZA

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
South Africa is part of wave 4 or the fourth tier, which is apparently in te same tier as India which has been confirmed to have a very late 2014 launch. Wave 1 is 21 launch countries and the rest follow on from there, although Microsoft won't detail how many waves there are or who exactly is in them. Our local TV and satellite providers haven't even been approached about partnering with Microsoft for the XO channel guide thingamabob, let alone certify Xbox Video to work here (thanks, ICASA, for being a big fat slob).

JJ1217

Honorable

MS is dead? Are you a moron? You know, Xbox's aren't the only thing they sell. They sell computers, tablets, operating systems, many different types of software, all of which are constantly bought all day every day. And you just said MS is dead. Jesus Christ your post reeks stupidity.

irish_adam

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010

This is exactly why they aren't wasting units on Japan, the Japanese always buy Japanese which is why they will always struggle there. Why bother sending a million units to japan that you know wont sell when you can ship those units to another country where you know they will

G

Who cares? Japan never even liked MS. They don't buy anything that doesn't have their culture all over it.

StrelokS

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013

Whoa there no need to get violent !

When I said MS was dead, I really means its REPUTATION was dead, or at least its dying.

But honestly they are failing harder and harder as time passes.

Did you know they even made a DX11.2(already possible in OpenGL) exclusive to Windows 8 and Xbox One.

They have no respect for consumers.

I am sorry if I offended your opinion, but this is just what I think about MS.

jdwii

Splendid
Lets see Xbox one underpowered plus overpriced compared to the PS4, no good games besides shooters and all about multiplayer. Windows 8 enough said their, office starting to lose its mojo in sales because of the free competition among normal users. i work at bestbuy no one even cares about the surface tablet. Almost everything they make now is not worth buying the most impressive thing they did was directx 11.2 i was actually quite amazed but when its closed source and only for the xbox one and windows 8 i doubt anyone will even use it.

hmm, so in reality, Microsoft's strategy is to sell the xbox SERIES as a ubiquitous, home entertainment console. they're saying that there isn't a huge hurry to get Xbox One if you have an Xbox 360.

I guess it sorta makes sense since a console maker only makes money off of content sales anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.