News Jedi Survivor Receives First Patch Addressing Performance Issues

As promised, the team behind Jedi: Survivor has released a new patch for the game, addressing several bugs and performance problems related to the PC version. Some of these issues include performance problems for non-raytraced graphics modes, game crashes, and bugs tied to VFTX, AI, cinematics, and more. PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S consoles will get these same fixes tomorrow.
umm no, pc patch got only performance improvements for non ray traced rendering, nothing else, altough i saw no diff...every other fixes are for ps/xbox

Other bugs worth mentioning include crashes tied to skipping cinematics, issues surrounding cloth physics, collision issues, AI issues, VFX issues, and a critical issue fixed where you could get stuck inside the Chamber of Duality if you didn't save after leaving the chamber and died.

Those are for the consoles, not the PC platform. And these known issues on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S are going to get a patch on MAY 2nd, 2023. I don't think these issues listed for consoles have already been resolved on the PC platform, assuming the PC platform also had these same issues like consoles.

Because this is the first patch for the PC version. They don't mention any other fixes.

According to the release notes, this first update only aims to improve the game’s performance when not using its Ray Tracing effects on the PC. And… well… that’s it. This first update does not bring any other improvements, tweaks, changes or fixes.

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Patch Notes PC - May 1st
  • Performance improvements for non-raytraced rendering

Last edited:

JTWrenn

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2008
As long as customers do not complain and attempt to return and then not buy games from devs on day one that do this stuff....they will keep doing this stuff.

EA especially is known for this stuff, and nobody should buy a game from them day one anymore....especially when reviewers are saying there are issues.

KyaraM

Admirable
This is a bit like Batman: Arkham Knight all over again, except WB pulled that game from stores.
I think you can replace Batman: Arkham Knight with any game released recently, and especially this year, to be honest. They all had major performance issues. It's a very annoying and bad pattern that needs to stop. None of those were pulled, either...

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Looks like AMD picked a great game to include free with their latest chips. Frankly I have it claimed in EA Play, but I’m not going to bother installing it for another month or so since I’m not technically out anything waiting.

This is why haven’t preordered any game in a decade. Just way to many broken games shipped to meet deadlines then weeks if not months to get it to an actual usable state. News isn’t all bad, occasionally you luck out and grab a fire sale physical copy like I did with Cyberpunk on Xbox for $10. They finally turned that one around, mostly.

KyaraM

Admirable
So, I completely nuked my GPU drivers (safe mode, DDU) and reinstalled them. Still getting crashes.

LowLevelFatalError [File:Unknown] [Line: 686] pResource->Map(Subresource, pReadRange, reinterpret_cast<void**>(&pData)) failed at D:\depot\r8branches\r8release\Engine\Source\Runtime\D3D12RHI\Private\D3D12RHIPrivate.h:1253 with error DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED with Reason: DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG

EDIT:
Googling this error showed me that apparently I'm not alone with this issue. The culprit is Jedha.

Last edited:
So, I completely nuked my GPU drivers (safe mode, DDU) and reinstalled them. Still getting crashes.

EDIT:
Googling this error showed me that apparently I'm not alone with this issue. The culprit is Jedha.

that still points to driver issue, ie dx api wanting something from gpu which it cant handle, drivers have workarounds for hardware defects (errata)

try different graphic options, that should switch shader types used/disable ray tracing

KyaraM

Admirable
that still points to driver issue, ie dx api wanting something from gpu which it cant handle, drivers have workarounds for hardware defects (errata)

try different graphic options, that should switch shader types used/disable ray tracing
Look at the link. It's a very common issue and definitely the game's fault. The second I came back to Koboh, my issues literally vanished. And I'm not alone with it. It's the level that is buggy. Also, I completely nuked the drivers as I said. Safe mode, DDU, can't get rid of them more thoroughly. It it persists through that, and for many people not just me, and then vanishes completely just from changing levels... well...

Look at the link. It's a very common issue and definitely the game's fault. The second I came back to Koboh, my issues literally vanished. And I'm not alone with it. It's the level that is buggy. Also, I completely nuked the drivers as I said. Safe mode, DDU, can't get rid of them more thoroughly. It it persists through that, and for many people not just me, and then vanishes completely just from changing levels... well...
i did look at that link, nvidia user, and many other nvidia users can be found in another posts with rtx 3xxx, rtx4xxx
device removed because device hanged, that means gpu stopped responding
and yes software is capable of discovering hardware defects, which drivers are supposed to workaround it, dx12 needs everything tip top
wait for nvidia to fix it

btmedic04

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2015
I loved fallen order and was looking forward to survivor. Needless to say, after 38 minutes of playing it on my system with a 7950x3d and an rtx 4090, I returned the game for a full refund. the micro-stutters were too much and made the whole experience terrible. Gamers need to stop rewarding software and hardware vendors for sub-par products.