Question Just a question about sound cards

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Can all sound cards work in all PCs, so what's happened my front panel 3.5 mm jack is the only port that works my MIC, it's all sound PC integrated.
l feel that the pins inside, have all lifted up because, when i put my MIC jack inside it's only comes out my right speaker.

I have to hold it in place to get it to work out of both, I've tried to open it up, but it's encased really well. The thing is i don't want to brake it, but because it's at the front it's always getting knocked. That's why i'm looking into getting a sound card, so my MIC jack will can be at the back of the PC, so no more knocking it by mistake.

Thank you..

USAFRet

Titan
"All"? Well, no.
If you have an ancient PC that lacks a PCIe slot, and you want to use a PCIe sound card..that won't work.

But any current sound card should work in just about any current PC.

Chess of confusion

Reputable
Jul 28, 2017
Like i said the rear jack port don't work with my mic only the front, anyway i think i have found a sound card that would work with my PC, "Vococal 4.0 Channel Surround 3D PCI Sound Audio Card for Desktop Computer" my PC by the way is 8200 HP SSF so it should work.

Like i said the rear jack port don't work with my mic only the front, anyway i think i have found a sound card that would work with my PC, "Vococal 4.0 Channel Surround 3D PCI Sound Audio Card for Desktop Computer" my PC by the way is 8200 HP SSF so it should work.

That looks like a full height card, make sure your chassis can fit it, you may need to get a half height or SFF card form factor. I would get something newer, that card has a game port which has not been included on sound card in many years. For some reason the amazon site you linked to has a ton of generic sound cards that all seem to have poor driver support but almost nothing at all from the normal vendors like sound blaster, ASUS, etc.. I can't even recommend anything there for you to get that is not in the 50-100 cost range.

Reactions: Chess of confusion