[SOLVED] Just Built Computer for First Time, Experiencing Random Freezes

Dec 14, 2020
Firstly here's the system I'm working with:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ black
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB (a bottleneck I know, but find me a graphics card on the market ATM)
MOBA: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 Plus Wifi
PSU: Corsair RMX 650W
BOOT: Samsung EVO 970 SSD 500GB
STORAGE: SAMSUNG EVO 850 2.5in SATA 1TB, Seagate Barracuda HDD 2TB

So I recently built this computer and on first launch and for the first day or two had no problems whatsoever. However just recently, as I've been reinstalling some software plugins for my DAWs and such in the background while I work, my computer will just freeze--no blue screen. One app will just stop working, then another will freeze, then another until eventually the whole system locks. On bootup then I have no problems launching, windows starts up as quickly as it usually does. So I'm wondering what could be causing it--is it an error with my hard drive since it's only happened when I'm installing software (which has run fine on other computers), but then why would the whole system lock when I have my OS booted onto a 500GB NVMe SSD? Is my system locking because my PSU is too low a voltage? Should I just update windows?

Curious what input you all might hopefully have.

EDIT: Forgot to mention on one of the freezes, a loud beep sounded over my speakers, if that means anything.

Solution
There could be a lot of causes for this. One of the easier to test would be a RAM problem. Download and run memtest64 for at least 3 passes, see if any errors come up. If there is even a single error, your RAM is the problem and you need to return and replace it. You should also update the drivers, Windows and BIOS, if not on the latest version already.
There could be a lot of causes for this. One of the easier to test would be a RAM problem. Download and run memtest64 for at least 3 passes, see if any errors come up. If there is even a single error, your RAM is the problem and you need to return and replace it. You should also update the drivers, Windows and BIOS, if not on the latest version already.

Solution
Dec 14, 2020

So I ran the RAM test and encountered 0 errors. Windows says I'm up to date so i just have to make sure my BIOS is up to date (although I'm not sure if I should update my BIOS on a X570 board since I've heard it hinders the performance of Ryzen 3000 chips). On the plus side, when I stopped installing my music plugins the freezes just stopped. I played Civ VI for at least 3 hours with no issues whatsoever which makes me think it might be a windows problem.

So I ran the RAM test and encountered 0 errors. Windows says I'm up to date so i just have to make sure my BIOS is up to date (although I'm not sure if I should update my BIOS on a X570 board since I've heard it hinders the performance of Ryzen 3000 chips). On the plus side, when I stopped installing my music plugins the freezes just stopped. I played Civ VI for at least 3 hours with no issues whatsoever which makes me think it might be a windows problem.
What about drivers? There's chipset drivers that I think you can get from motherboard official website. Install those as well.