Question Just installed my first M.2 ssd and a couple of problems turned up

ddiretide

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Hello,
The title says it already.
I have two problems one major and one minor problem.
My major problem is that my hdd isn't "detected" anymore, i mean windows sees it, the contents are inside it, just as it was before installing the m2 ssd but i cannot access it. I haven't screwed with any partitions or anything in that regard.
Ive proven that my disk is working fine by checking the diskmanager, acts as a healthy primary disk partition and the full 2tb are detected too.

I know that installing a m2 ssd causes it to disable some sata ports but the ones my ssd and my hdd are plugged into are both working. my normal ssd gets detected on either of the 2 remaining ports, my hdd doesnt get detected in any of them. Well i can still see the disk as mentioned before i just cannot access it.

My 2nd problem which is minor-ish is that my system won't boot unless im booting after visiting the bios. No changes done just visiting it somehow overwrites the "reboot and select proper boot device" screen.
Ive updated my bios to the newest version my mainboard manufacturer has released too.
Tech infos:
CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K CPU 3.50GHz
GPU: (not plugged in atm due to troubleshooting) Nvidia gtx 970 4g
PSU: 600W bequiet psu
MB: MSI Z170A PC-MATE (MS-7971)
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. Ver. A.G0 06/23/2018
RAM: 16GB Kingston hyperx 2666 Mhz DDR4
M2 ssd: Corsair Force MP510 240 GB
HDD: WD 2TB
SSD: Samsung ssd 128GB

ddiretide

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Does this apply:

"SATA1~2 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 SATA interface module in M.2 slot. SATA3~4 ports will be unavailable when installing the M.2 PCIe interface module in M.2 slot. "

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/Z170A-PC-MATE/Specification
Yes ive seen that inside the doc too but oddly enough my normal ssd is detected just fine. Its fully detected as in i can fully access it no matter if i put it into sata slot 1 or 2. The HDD on the other hand is technically detected meaning it shows up inside the diskmanager but not in the explorer, no matter if i put it in sata slot 1 or 2.
I even tried just plugging in the hdd in combination with my m2, but the same problem persists.
My ssd and my m2ssd work fine together but i have all my games on that 2 tb hdd and my ssds both are not big enough.

ddiretide

Commendable
May 5, 2018
Please show us a screencap of the Disk Management window.
Ive fixed my first issue, as it turns out it was a simple complication with the disk letters. Both my ssd and hdd wanted to be named D. i gave my hdd a unique letter and now its read fine.
Second problem persists tho and im trying to find a way to give my m2ssd boot manager status.