Question Just need some opinions (:

Mar 24, 2023
So I have 2 SSD drives in my PC , they’re both SATA 3 and exactly the same aside from the sizes. I however can only actually use the full SATA 3 speeds with 1 of the drives.

my motherboard only has 1 SATA 3 connection port , and 1 SATA 2 port. I have windows installed on my SATA 3 port SSD for the best speeds. The second SSD is installed into the SATA 2 port, as it is the only other available port.

from my understanding having games separate from your windows drive is generally better and more optimal for gaming, so my question(s) is would it be better to have a game installed on the second drive despite it being SATA 2 and slower ? Or am I best to keep games on the C drive that is using SATA 3? Or will it even matter at all ? And would it maybe be worth it to swap windows installation to the SATA 2 drive , so I can then use games separately on the faster SATA 3 ?? Thx in advance :)

Mar 24, 2023
What motherboard?
What specific drives?

I would almost certainly leave it as is.
Either way, the system has to interact with both drives.
Going off the top of my head here but :
AsRock H61m DGS

and the SSD drives are Netac SATA 3 drives. They only differ in capacity. The slightly larger one with my windows install on it says N530S 240GB (ik I have like no storage 😂😭)

USAFRet

Titan
Going off the top of my head here but :
AsRock H61m DGS

and the SSD drives are Netac SATA 3 drives. They only differ in capacity. The slightly larger one with my windows install on it says N530S 240GB (ik I have like no storage 😂😭)
This motherboard?

It appears your SATA ports are all SATA II.
"4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions "

Mar 24, 2023
This motherboard?

It appears your SATA ports are all SATA II.
"4 x SATA2 3.0 Gb/s connectors, support NCQ, AHCI and Hot Plug functions "
Huh. Now that’s strange, could have sworn I’ve seen on the board itself it was marked as sata3

and indeed from what I see here it is marked as 3
Any idea about this ??

Mar 24, 2023
That is SATA port #3, out of 4.

SATA_1
SATA_2
SATA_3
SATA_4
Hahaha ! Well there it is. Thank you for keeping up with my foolishness here, really appreciate this help you cleared this up fully for me :)

ill just keep my games on my separate SSD, it’s not going to matter now I know the drive speeds are identical lol