Just want feedback on gaming build

Sep 26, 2018
I'm building a pc around January and I will have around $1600 by then so I based my build according to budget. I will be running at 1080p 144Hz as my monitor shows, and I want to have a PC that can still run modern games in 3-5 years. This is the parts list:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/CEWolf12/saved/#view=DZFKBm

So if y'all could review that and give me feedback, that would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
It's good to get an idea ahead of time, but January is a long way off. Keep an eye on any upcoming holiday sales but also keep in mind that things may change by then.
1. if on black friday/cyber monday prices on 512 or larger ssd asre on sale try and pick up a larger ssd. larger ssd more games can fit on it.
2. in two weeks the 2070 rtx is dropping see how it lines up in speed/price to the older 1080ti.
3. try to spend a little more on the mb. the higher end z mb have better vrm and voltage reg.
dont have to buy the rog line of motherboard but pick up a higher end mb from asus/asrock. if you have a local micro center look at there combo deals. intel right now has 14nm cpu shortage it may be better if you can wait on your build.
4. look at gaming power supply from tier one or tier 2 list from tom hardware power supply list. like the newer seasonic units. myself i go with 750w unit to give your power supply as little bit more over head. most people say a good 600w unit is fine. with power supply the larger units run cooler and if stressed under long gaming loads would have lower chance of casuing games to crash or pc to lock up.

Sep 26, 2018

I want to fully RGB it out, just I wouldn't have the money to do so right when I build it, so I wanted some RGB RAM with it and 4x4 just looks better with lights.

Sep 26, 2018

I want to stick with Asus because I want the Asus Aura Sync feature so should I go with something like the Prime Z370-A? I don't want to extensively overclock, I just want to try it out and be able to tweak small things, so would the Z370-A still work better for that?

kanewolf

Titan

The additional DIMMs weren't sold as a matched set. Even the same make and model aren't guaranteed to play together. Find a set of 4 matched DIMMs if you must have 4. But many times the RAM clock speed for stability will be lower than a two DIMM configuration.

This is might be a solution for the rams.

Gigabyte rgb fusion is supported by corsair products, but dunno how much. Aka those corsair rgb fans.

The aorus gaming 5 z370 is a good choice. You also have the aorus 1080ti and rtx 2080.

You might also wanna wait for the 9600k and z390 release.

Sep 26, 2018

I'm using some old DIMMs and I don't really want to get new ones, so will these really not work together?