K8N Neo Platinum & SP2

I am going to build a second system for another friend. K8N Neo
Platinum,AMD64 3500+, ATI AIW 9800 Pro. The first system had no problems
and I installed XP Pro SP1 and all is well. Does anyone know if there
are any problems with this combo and SP2? The new versions of XP Pro
come with SP2 and I don't want any surprises.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill, I have essentially the same setup except AIW 9700 pro. No problems at
all with SP2; have had it running for a month.

Lee

Lee Shipman wrote:
> Bill, I have essentially the same setup except AIW 9700 pro. No problems at
> all with SP2; have had it running for a month.
>
> Lee
>
> "BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>
>>I am going to build a second system for another friend. K8N Neo
>>Platinum,AMD64 3500+, ATI AIW 9800 Pro. The first system had no problems
>>and I installed XP Pro SP1 and all is well. Does anyone know if there are
>>any problems with this combo and SP2? The new versions of XP Pro come with
>>SP2 and I don't want any surprises.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Bill

Lee,
On the first system, I just installed the drivers that came with the AIW
9800 pro to get him up and running. Do you know if the Catalyst drivers
give the option to install the WDM drivers first, like the install
instructions suggest? I know you can download everything separately but
I am assuming the Catalyst contains everything.
Thanks again,
Bill

Cody

I've been using this board and CPU with an ATI x800pro and XP Pro with SP2
for a couple of weeks now. I'm not aware of any problems with this combo
that I haven't caused myself. SP2 is not an issue at all as far as I can
tell.

"BF" <bfor@adelphia.net> wrote in message
>I am going to build a second system for another friend. K8N Neo
>Platinum,AMD64 3500+, ATI AIW 9800 Pro. The first system had no problems
>and I installed XP Pro SP1 and all is well. Does anyone know if there are
>any problems with this combo and SP2? The new versions of XP Pro come with
>SP2 and I don't want any surprises.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

Bill, you can log onto the ATI website and look for the upgrades, and they
give you all the files you need, plus a "blow-by-blow" procedure for
uninstalling the old stuff & installing the new. I've upgraded the drivers
as often as new versions come out, with no problems.