[SOLVED] Kali Linux install -- failed to load installer component?

Oct 19, 2019
I am disappointed that I have posted my issue to every forum and subreddit and I am hopeless now. I had use kali linux couple of years ago and now Iam trying to use as my main OS for uni. I had never issues with these basic things before and now i am stuck with this thing

• machine : Dell optiplex 7010 i3470 4 GB ddr3
  • previously had windows 7 now just live kali through USB
  • BIOS= legacy mode off, enabled UEFI,
I been trying to install latest version of kali in my hard drive through USB booting. Everything goes fine until to the section of Detect Disks, It goes with error saying "loading libc6-udeb failed for unknown reasons. Aborting"( tried using DVD booting and still the same thing). Is my hard drive incompatible? Also iam noticing "failed to unmount media. Failed to mount deb/sda" something like that while loading installer components. I just don't understand thing although it runs perfectly fine with live USB which something i don't want to do. Thank you very much for your time.

dmroeder

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2005
Kali is not meant to be used as a "main os". It's a set of tools for a very specific set of tasks. You should consider Kali a "tool" rather than an "OS". Anyone that uses Kali professionally would tell you that you that running Kali for day to day tasks is a very bad idea. It's meant to be run live off of USB or in a VM.

https://docs.kali.org/introduction/should-i-use-kali-linux

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
I've seen a number of people asking about Kali linux lately for some reason. Probably just watched Mr Robot and want to use Kali so they can be leet haxor or something.
Same with Tails.

Those are at the level of - "If you have to ask how to get started with it, you don't need to be using it yet."
Given the plethora of documentation...figure it out.

To some, that sounds elitist.