[SOLVED] Keeps alt-tabbing by itself

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 25, 2020
hey everyone
i have a problem with Windows 10 home seemingly doing alt-tab by itself
doesnt take away focus from the active window, but the window just becomes inactive for a split second and then active again
during full-screen watching (youtube/twitch) windows bar gets visible for a second
minimizes some small applications/some applications blink black
in general, the exact same effect if i quickly press alt-tab with no other window to choose

interesting thing is that i did full clean windows re-install (with completely deleting the main SSD partition and creating it again, didnt touch OEM partitions though), but the problem still here
installed only essential programs, like Visual C++, NVidia and HP drivers, all which usually didnt cause any problems for over a year of past using

ps. also have an additional HDD with some documents and files, which i didnt wipe during reinstall
have kaspersky and fully checked the pc with it and with adwcleaner
have no idea what could be causing this after complete clean reinstall

pps. if there is something launching, maybe is there a way to track what process it is, when i catch it by the exact time?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
hey man, thanks
im afraid to already say it, but for now it seems that whatever we did, it seem to fixed it(?)
still premature to be sure, but i left that old 2d game (application that was proven to be minimizing because of this thing) for around 3-4 hours, nothing happened

i think i will leave it for the night, to see if it still will be fullscreen in the morning, just to be sure
if not, i will try this program as well, or maybe will leave it together for the night with that 2d game right now actually

Nov 25, 2020
i think it is, whew
at least game is fullscreen in the morning, 7 hours after

have no idea what did it
but it seems it was either
SFC /scannow
or Ethernet Realtek Drivers update
(or i also updated and then deleted that 1 weird old 2018 driver, after you said i need to update old ones, which btw i have no idea why i had it even:)
Driver Name : ViGEmBus.sys
Address : FFFFF80630F80000
End Address : FFFFF80630F95000
Size : 0x00015000
Load Count : 1
Index : 162
File Type : Unknown
Description : Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus Driver
Version : 1.14.3.0
Company : Benjamin Hoglinger-Stelzer
Product Name : Virtual Gamepad Emulation Bus Driver
Modified Date : 01.08.2018 5:55:32
Created Date : 01.08.2018 5:55:32
Filename : C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\vigembus.inf_amd64_e84845c70c38fbe7\x64\ViGEmBus.sys
File Attributes :
Service Name : ViGEmBus
Service Display Name: @oem34.inf,%ViGEmBus.SVCDESC%;Virtual Gamepad Emulation Service
Digital Signature :
since i havent done anything else, since last time that issue happend

but i think it was the Ethernet drivers

thank you so much guys, Colif
hopefully i wont be back soon saying it was just a lucky coincedence that game suvived 7 + 3 hours
weird stuff that windows can do, even with smallest seemingly unrelated things, damn

Nov 25, 2020
sure man
i never said you said to delete them

i removed it, not deleted btw, wrong word
after updating, it became a program visible and removable in the control panel
if it causes some problems i would keep that driver in mind
thanks for being concerned, i will follow through steps in that topic as well