Hello, Im writting here in order to get some advice on how to proceed

I have a pretty old system with i7 4790k @ 4ghz

24gb ddr3 1866 [dont question I know its odd :D] 2x8; 2x4gb 4sticks total

GTX 1060 6gb

MSI z97 pc mate motherboard

650w EVGA PSU bronze

250gb ssd and 1tb toshiba hdd

windows 10 pro

My problem is that at random my computer's event viewer shoots out a kernal error id 41 with 0x0 codes I will post it later if I get the system to boot up funny thing is that pc runs fine on 32c cpu temps on idle and tops out at 65-70c on heavy loads like GOW DL2 etc. the problem doesnt even occur under loads it can just happen at random at any point no matter what I do I could be watching yt or browsing news and it would just crash try to restart and fail for 30-50 times and boot up again then dont do it for another 2-3 days and rince repeat again

Things I've tried

separating the ram sticks

I've tested the gpu in another system separetly and it's totaly fine PSU was also tested on a separate system and seems to run fine all the tests and stressing checks out on it

I've even tried windows power options to prevent hdd from going to sleep in advanced power settings fast startup was also disabled cleared cmos couple of times also.

Frankly Im lost on what to do next at first I was thinking it might actually be overheating but I asked a friend to install new cooler and to reaply thermal paste but it didn't work

I did notice one thing tho that is kind of strange with the pc every time I power it on hdd just ramps up with a strange cracling sound could a falty old toshiba hdd be the cuplrit? My os is on ssd like most but could the hdd be the cause of the system wide shutdown?

Any insight and advice is welcome at this point I'll try anything

Also forgot to add what I didn't do was check the mobo but that one is the last resort because its like 12 yrs old I dont know if I can find one that actually works :D

Solution
70C Is the highest I allow my CPU to run. I don't think it's the problem, but 70C for the CPU is as hot as I allow them to get.

Does anything say what the error 41 is on? Error 41 is the code windows uses to say something is dead. Most common is the GPU, but anything can error 41. Because you have trouble booting I'm inclined to think it's something important like the board. If it was the GPU or a drive it would boot, but you wouldn't see anything, or you'll get the no boot device error.

To be honest, from what you've said my gut says dying motherboard. If the CPU hits 70C, the Mosfets are that or higher. 12yo is a long time in PC years. You can try replacing just the board, but you might not be able to find one cheap, that...

4745454b

Titan
70C Is the highest I allow my CPU to run. I don't think it's the problem, but 70C for the CPU is as hot as I allow them to get.

Does anything say what the error 41 is on? Error 41 is the code windows uses to say something is dead. Most common is the GPU, but anything can error 41. Because you have trouble booting I'm inclined to think it's something important like the board. If it was the GPU or a drive it would boot, but you wouldn't see anything, or you'll get the no boot device error.

To be honest, from what you've said my gut says dying motherboard. If the CPU hits 70C, the Mosfets are that or higher. 12yo is a long time in PC years. You can try replacing just the board, but you might not be able to find one cheap, that still has a lot of life left. Hate to say it, might be time for a new system.

Solution