[SOLVED] Kernal Power 41 for months, cant fix

Mar 29, 2022
Hey all
I am really frustrated and fed up of dealing with Kernal power 41 issues and my pc randomly crashing all the time. I have no idea what really to do. This has been happening ever since my friend installed some new parts into my pc since last june, this issue happens like 10 times a day and I do not even bother turning my PC on. I get kernal power issue 55 aswell, I just do not know what to do and why my pc crashes 10 times a day the last 9 months
Thanks

Solution
Event 41 is commonly associated with PSU issues. Looking at your spec, I would bet that is the exact issue you are having given the parts upgraded to.

Event 55 is indicative of a corruption on the drive. If the system is continuously powering off outside of a shutdown command, it has almost certainly caused issues with the drive/OS.

I haven't looked up your specific PC as of yet, but would make the assumption based on Dell that it isn't going to be as easy as just slapping a more powerful PSU in. It will likely require a proprietary Dell PSU of the same form factor and with the same connectors that your current has. Dell likes to use oddball connections.

It honestly may be worthwhile to consider upgrading further to a non proprietary...
Mar 29, 2022
"Kernal power 41 " is simply the PC telling you "I shut down unexpectedly, and do not know why"

It is NOT the actual issue.

So, what are the full specs of this system?
What are the 'new parts' your 'fiend' installed?
sorry im not too great with hardware, I had a prebuilt PC, Dell inspiron 5675, my friend who is very expieranced in PC building suggested I got a ryzen 7 1800x, nvidia 1070 card, and he suggested I get a 225 GB SSD which he installed windows on. ever since he installed the parts the Kernal issues have been happening

USAFRet

Titan
sorry im not too great with hardware, I had a prebuilt PC, Dell inspiron 5675, my friend who is very expieranced in PC building suggested I got a ryzen 7 1800x, nvidia 1070 card, and he suggested I get a 225 GB SSD which he installed windows on. ever since he installed the parts the Kernal issues have been happening
We really really need a full listing of ALL the parts.
Especially the PSU (and not just the wattage number).

And you need a friend who is better with computers....;)

Mar 29, 2022
We really really need a full listing of ALL the parts.
Especially the PSU (and not just the wattage number).

And you need a friend who is better with computers....;)
let me know if theres more i can provide but
Ryzen 7 1800x
Nvidia GTX 1070
Dell DPS-460Db-15A 460w power supply
Dell Red Skull Summit 16552-1 Motherboard
32GB GSkill Fortis 2400mhz ram
Samsung SSD, 256 GB PM981a
Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB HD
ST100DM003-1ER162 1TTBHD

From Event Viewer
+System

-Provider
[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}

EventID41

Version8

Level1

Task63

Opcode0

Keywords0x8000400000000002

-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2022-03-30T00:39:18.9353999Z

EventRecordID28729

Correlation

-Execution
[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

ChannelSystem

ComputerDESKTOP-TLKQQJC

-Security
[ UserID] S-1-5-18

-EventData

BugcheckCode0

BugcheckParameter10x0

BugcheckParameter20x0

BugcheckParameter30x0

BugcheckParameter40x0

SleepInProgress0

PowerButtonTimestamp0

BootAppStatus0

Checkpoint0

ConnectedStandbyInProgressfalse

SystemSleepTransitionsToOn0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceId0

BugcheckInfoFromEFIfalse

CheckpointStatus0

CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV20

LongPowerButtonPressDetectedfalse

This is just one, IDK if this helps, in the last 7 days I have had 15 Kernal 41 issues. They happen randomly at anytime, just idle doing nothing, organizing my files, playing games, typing a paper, literally anything.

Let me know what else I can provide

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Event 41 is commonly associated with PSU issues. Looking at your spec, I would bet that is the exact issue you are having given the parts upgraded to.

Event 55 is indicative of a corruption on the drive. If the system is continuously powering off outside of a shutdown command, it has almost certainly caused issues with the drive/OS.

I haven't looked up your specific PC as of yet, but would make the assumption based on Dell that it isn't going to be as easy as just slapping a more powerful PSU in. It will likely require a proprietary Dell PSU of the same form factor and with the same connectors that your current has. Dell likes to use oddball connections.

It honestly may be worthwhile to consider upgrading further to a non proprietary motherboard, case, and PSU transferring the CPU, RAM, and storage across. Probably going to need a cooler too.

Another thing to consider could be a BIOS issue. That Inspiron was certainly sold with a very specific set of hardware options. If they didn't sell it with the specific CPU that it was upgraded to it would certainly explain issues.

Solution