[SOLVED] Kernel 41 error - Unexpected Shutdown when playing games with an anti-cheat software

Sep 19, 2021
I constantly run into kernel power event 41 errors when I try to play games with an anti-cheat software (i do not hack nor do I condone hacking). I can play games with battle eye anti-cheat but not games with Easy anti-cheat or the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat. I used to be able to play Call of Duty Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, Intruder and sometimes Forza Horizon 4 but now I am unable to play these games. Whenever I try to launch these games after the anti-cheat finishes loading my pc just restarts with no BSOD or anything it just restarts. I have tried a fresh install of Windows 10, re-seating my RAM and graphics card and updating and deleting old drivers and under clocking my cpu and gpu to no affect. I am unsure what to do from here and I don't have the funds to buy a lot of new parts at the moment. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

System info:
  • Ryzen 5 5600x (no overclock)
  • NZXT Kraken X73 aio water cooler
  • Motherboard Asus ROG-STRIX b550-a Gaming Motherboard
  • 16GB Ram (8x2) Hyper x Fury Black at 2666mhz (no overclock)
  • Graphics Card Gigabyte 2060 Super Gaming OC (no overclock)
  • PSU Corsair RM850
  • Boot drive Samsung 980 1TB
  • Other Drives 1x Seagate Baracuda 2TB HDD, 1x PNY CS900 240GB SSD

Solution
I constantly run into kernel power event 41 errors when I try to play games with an anti-cheat software (i do not hack nor do I condone hacking). I can play games with battle eye anti-cheat but not games with Easy anti-cheat or the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat. I used to be able to play Call of Duty Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, Intruder and sometimes Forza Horizon 4 but now I am unable to play these games. Whenever I try to launch these games after the anti-cheat finishes loading my pc just restarts with no BSOD or anything it just restarts. I have tried a fresh install of Windows 10, re-seating my RAM and graphics card and updating and deleting old drivers and under clocking my cpu and gpu to no affect. I am unsure what...
I constantly run into kernel power event 41 errors when I try to play games with an anti-cheat software (i do not hack nor do I condone hacking). I can play games with battle eye anti-cheat but not games with Easy anti-cheat or the Riot Vanguard anti-cheat. I used to be able to play Call of Duty Warzone, Apex Legends, Fortnite, Valorant, Intruder and sometimes Forza Horizon 4 but now I am unable to play these games. Whenever I try to launch these games after the anti-cheat finishes loading my pc just restarts with no BSOD or anything it just restarts. I have tried a fresh install of Windows 10, re-seating my RAM and graphics card and updating and deleting old drivers and under clocking my cpu and gpu to no affect. I am unsure what to do from here and I don't have the funds to buy a lot of new parts at the moment. Any help or ideas will be greatly appreciated.

System info:
  • Ryzen 5 5600x (no overclock)
  • NZXT Kraken X73 aio water cooler
  • Motherboard Asus ROG-STRIX b550-a Gaming Motherboard
  • 16GB Ram (8x2) Hyper x Fury Black at 2666mhz (no overclock)
  • Graphics Card Gigabyte 2060 Super Gaming OC (no overclock)
  • PSU Corsair RM850
  • Boot drive Samsung 980 1TB
  • Other Drives 1x Seagate Baracuda 2TB HDD, 1x PNY CS900 240GB SSD
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png

Reactions: Blueblades851
Solution
Sep 19, 2021
try this step by step (read until end):
  • Disconnect from internet
  • Uninstall gpu driver DDU (clean and do not restart).
  • Uninstall all the processors on device manager (should be 12 on yours, also when it asks for restart, click on no) like this:
    unknown.png
  • Restart the pc to bios, and update to the latest bios(download, extract the files and copy it to flashdrive, plug it on top rear usb slot then reboot to bios and flash the bios). Then go to bios again after update and load default or optimized settings.

• boot up to windows and install the latest Chipset driver, reboot and connect to internet.

• Install the latest nvidia driver.

*do this all offline until reboot after installing chipset driver, also you may reboot to bios after all of this to set the XMP (and previous settings you did) and make sure ram is on slot 2 and 4. Download needed files (highlighted word) before doing step 1, do the step by orders.

• And check windows update (and optional updates) if there is any and install them. Also enable Hardware Accelerated Graphics Scheduling (available on the latest win 10 update) in graphics settings like this and reboot:
    unknown.png
Make sure the psu connected to the gpu is 1 pcie cable per 1 slot (use main cable, not the branches/split) like this:
unknown.png
I just carried out the steps provided and I have Just launched Fortnite and it seems to be working perfectly. Thank you