Question kernel 41 (error)

Jul 28, 2020
Hi! so first of all, i have this problem for like more than a year, i did the basics and now im trying to do everything that i can to solve the problem, PSU:b700h 80 plus bronze(gigabyte)ryzen 5 1600, b450 steel legend micro atx( the bios is the 3.20 version ) rx 580 8gb, and 2 xpg 3000mhz ram.Basically the computer freezes and does a buzzing sound, after that i need to force a restart to be able to use the pc again, it didnt happen for over 2 weeks, but yesterday was not my lucky day and boom, it happend again, before that tho after 1 week, only 1 time the error appeard but no crash, idk if that means anything, anyway, im trying to find new solutions, when i check for details in the error it shows me this:

Bugcheckcode 0
Bugcheckparameter1 0x0
Bugcheckparameter2 0x0
Bugcheckparameter3 0x0
Bugcheckparameter4 0x0
Sleepinprogress 0
Powerbuttontimestamp 0
Bootappstatus 0
checkpoint 0
ConnectedStandbyinProgress false
SystemSleeptransitionstoon 11
CsentryScenarioinstanceld 0
BugcheckinfoFromEFI false
Checkpointstatus 0
CsentryScenarioinstanceldV2 0
LongpowerbuttonPressdetected false

So um for what i know the said if you get all those numbers in 0, its a power or software related, BUT, the weird thing here is that my SystemSleepTransitionToOn is 11, why? this is really weird, and the other important thing, is that this problem like i said happend a LOT of time, maybe 100 time or more, and it has different details in the other errors, most of them still are 0 (the values) but in a lot of them things like the Bootappstatus, or systemsleeptransitionstoon is 1, or 3 and sleepinprogress sometimes is 6, one time, over a week the 7 times or 8 times it happend it had bootappstatus with this number:3221225684, sleep in progress in 6 and systemsleeptransitiontoon in 1, if anyone can help me with this i would greatly aprecciate it, oh and also my windows is the newest of all, 20h0( i think its called that way) AND ANOTHER THING, my ryzen is set to 3400mhz even in google etc, is that, normal? isnt that like a overclock? i dont know much about overclock, and if it is, how do i set it up to 3200mhz, and even in idle it spikes sometimes to 3700!

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
kernel event 41 is a reaction, not a cause. When Windows starts it runs a report and if it finds it wasn't shut off right the time before, it makes Event 41. Forced restarts will cause this to be created.

Bugcheckcode 0 seems to indicate no BSOD. PC crash not caused by windows.

AND ANOTHER THING, my ryzen is set to 3400mhz even in google etc, is that, normal? isnt that like a overclock? i dont know much about overclock, and if it is, how do i set it up to 3200mhz, and even in idle it spikes sometimes to 3700!

max Precision boost of CPU is 3.66 which is close to 3.7 - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/cpu-pb2 - it depends on conditions, it will go highest it can.

where are you seeing the 3.4ghz speed? what application is showing it? Windows 10 has no idea what speed my 3600XT is doing at any moment, only two programs are accurate, Ryzen Master and HWINFO. CPU Z thinks its going way faster than it should be.

Do freezes happen at any time or only when you doing certain things?

Jul 28, 2020
kernel event 41 is a reaction, not a cause. When Windows starts it runs a report and if it finds it wasn't shut off right the time before, it makes Event 41. Forced restarts will cause this to be created.

max Precision boost of CPU is 3.66 which is close to 3.7 - https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/cpu-pb2 - it depends on conditions, it will go highest it can.

where are you seeing the 3.4ghz speed? what application is showing it? Windows 10 has no idea what speed my 3600XT is doing at any moment, only two programs are accurate, Ryzen Master and HWINFO. CPU Z thinks its going way faster than it should be.
Hey, so i use msi afterburner but in my ryzen master it shows 3400, which is normal, but the thing is this problem after i messed a lot of things got better with time, 2 weeks without crash and the other day BOOM, crash the weird thing is that the last kernel problem is bugcheckcode 0 but in previous ones before i even messed with configs it was bugcheckcode and a bunch of numbers, and the freezes are random but there is one thing that like 80% of the time is when i first boot the pc, 10 mins later, crash on idle or even game, but like i said 2 weeks without it and crash,still making everything i can to solve this, and it is getting better tho

Jul 28, 2020

Oh! And one more thing, my motherboard is a asrock.b450 steel legend micro atx, how do i disable c state? In the bios, or i can do it on windows? Thanks

Jul 28, 2020

hey colif! i just got home turned on the pc and boom! crash!, but before that i put the minidump, but there is a problem, i cant find it, i think it didnt save! and this is the bugcheck code of the problem!

- <Event xmlns=" ">

- <System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />

<EventID>41</EventID>

<Version>8</Version>

<Level>1</Level>

<Task>63</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2021-01-05T13:50:32.8398321Z" />

<EventRecordID>4944</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-A6R8677</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>

<Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>

<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>

<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>

<Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>

<Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>

<Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>

<Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>

<Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceIdV2">0</Data>

<Data Name="LongPowerButtonPressDetected">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Colif

Win 11 Master
BugcheckCode">0<
that means no actual error occurred in windows. The restart was caused by something outside of windows

ystemSleepTransitionsToOn
i don't know what significance of the values after this are. I would be guessing.

PSU:b700h 80 plus bronze(gigabyte)
ryzen 5 1600,
b450 steel legend micro atx( the bios is the 3.20 version )
rx 580 8gb, and
2 xpg 3000mhz ram

that isn't a very good PSU, it could be cause of all the problems. Every search I find for it leads to people suggesting other PSU instead - https://linustechtips.com/topic/790364-gigabyte-b700h-psu-any-good/