[SOLVED] Kernel_Inpage_Error Win10

zeKboi

Commendable
Nov 10, 2019
I just recently built my pc and it was working fine for a couple of days. Now all of the sudden i get random BSOD kernel inpage error after random periods of time. Could be minutes, or hours. The system first slowly starts to freeze over time i.e when playing battlefield 4, half of the textures disappeared and i wasnt able to use my primary. Alt Tab out and the browser on my 2nd monitor wont respond. Hovering or clicking buttons displayed on the webpage will show it's responding, but will not actually respond to my click. After waiting for the freeze to fix itself, the system eventually BSOD's.

I have tried chkdsk, sfc, mem diagnostic, reseating ram, checked cable connections, updated drivers, ran a full malware scan.

My PC build
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x 3.9GHz 8 core
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken z63
MOBO: MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus ATX
RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB (4x8GB) DDR4-3600MHz
Storage: 2 TB ADATA Swordfish NVME
GPU: MSI RTX 2060 6 GB GAMING Z
Case: Lian Li Dynamic Razer ATX full
PSU: Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold
Other: Phanteks Vertical GPU mount, Lian Li triple 8 pin PCIe extension, Lian Li 24 pin extension, 9x Cooler master Masterfan MF120R 120mm fans

Jan 9, 2021
Hello zeKboi,

First things first, could you upload the crash dumps to Dropbox or another file uploading service? Do NOT upload the MEMORY.DMP dump file, as this is a dump of the computer's memory, which can contain passwords and other credentials. Minidumps only contain the data required to fix crashes, such as stack traces. Upload the minidumps located at 'C:\Windows\minidump'. If you changed the minidump location, check the folder you set the minidump directory to.

zeKboi

Commendable
Nov 10, 2019
Hello zeKboi,

First things first, could you upload the crash dumps to Dropbox or another file uploading service? Do NOT upload the MEMORY.DMP dump file, as this is a dump of the computer's memory, which can contain passwords and other credentials. Minidumps only contain the data required to fix crashes, such as stack traces. Upload the minidumps located at 'C:\Windows\minidump'. If you changed the minidump location, check the folder you set the minidump directory to.
hmm it doesnt seem to be there and ive never changed the location. ive since performed a fresh install and the problem persists also.

Colif

Win 11 Master
minidumps are not created by system unless you set them up first
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

kernel inpage error refers to page file I believe.
download this and run scans on nvme - https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adata_ssd_toolbox.html

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Last edited:
Reactions: Uncodable
Jan 9, 2021
minidumps are not created by system unless you set them up first
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

Open Windows File Explorer
Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

kernel inpage error refers to page file I believe.
download this and run scans on nvme - https://m.majorgeeks.com/files/details/adata_ssd_toolbox.html

Try running memtest86 on each of your ram sticks, one stick at a time, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

I think the minidumps are enabled by default, it was for me at least.

Colif

Win 11 Master
did you scan the Adata NVME?

Conversion of the dump - https://jsfiddle.net/91ydexzm/show

The last few actions before the error were all storage related. (the order of the listing below is in FILO order, First in, last out, meaning the bottom ones happened first)

ffffef82edbaa338 fffff804824b6e29 : 000000000000007a ffffc90eeb603c68 ffffffffc0000185 00000002e70c88c0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffef82edbaa340 fffff804824b4b35 : ffffef8200001000 ffffef82edbaa400 ffffef82edbaa4d0 fffff80400000000 : nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+0x7d9
ffffef82edbaa430 fffff8048240c9c8 : 00000000c0033333 0000000000000000 fffff80485cb17d4 0000000000000000 : nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x3c5
ffffef82edbaa540 fffff80482603d5e : fffff80485cb0001 fffff80485cb00b8 fffff80485cb0001 fffff8048253b6bd : nt!MmAccessFault+0x468
ffffef82edbaa6e0 fffff80482406473 : fffff80485153772 0000000000000008 fffff80485cb17d0 ffffdf8dc3d6a180 : nt!KiPageFault+0x35e

Now page faults are normal operations of any operating system that uses Virtual memory, it means it had to get data off of ram
Hard faults are the same idea but its when it has to get the info off the page file.
Error occurred just after page file access.
Name of error showed you that.

Page file should be on the NVME.

one possible fix is to delete the page file and remake it again
right click this PC
choose properties
click advanced system settings
On the advanced tab, Under Performance, click settings
ON the Performance Options screen, click the Advanced Tab and choose Change under Virtual Memory
untick Automatically manage paging file size for all drives to change most of options from being greyed out
choose No Page File
click Set
Click okay to close all the menus, and restart PC.

Now redo all those steps but Tick Automatically manage paging file size for all drives to have windows recreate it.
this might move its location and avoid same error

another thing I would do is run chkdsk c: /f on the NVME in Command Prompt (Admin) - 2 paragraphs will pop up, agree to running it at restart and restart PC to let it run.